The first 5 games

That makes perfect sense about mistakes. I too agree that the turnovers are critical, but we will need more than a serious pass rush with the spread teams that throw quick passes. Our Corners have to be able to play press coverage at the line to disrupt the WR instead of giving them a 7-10 yard cushion so the QB can get rid of the ball before the pass rush has a chance. Tevin Mitchel could play press coverage and you could see how much we missed his ability to negate the other team’s best WR. We need someone even just one Corner that can negate the quick pass to the best WR.

Both teams have to play in the same heat. Depth will get exposed but I feel like our depth is the best it has been in recent memory. We should stay fresh on D with their Spread much better than we have the last few years. We have a lot of good depth/talent in the 2 deep on the Def Line and Secondary, but the LB’s have very limited experienced back ups.

I predict one loss out of the first five games. It will be either TCU(defense gets gassed) or A&M(QB is better than we think). In any case our D should be better/experienced/coached than last year. Our offense should be hitting on all cylinders after the LaTech game. HOGS YA’LL.

LaTech W
TCU 65% W
Texas St W
A&M toss up because A&M has serious problems on the Oline
Alcorn W
Bama toss up because Bama has too many young/new players on Oline, QB, and RB.
Ole Miss W because they lost too much on OLine, Dline (thin depth too).
AU L trap game in spite of them having serious issues at QB and RB. The gimmick offense will be focused on this game.
UF W Their strength is Defense but our Offense negates it. New QB is on his 3rd school.
LSU toss up -They lost LaCouture, and will depend on how much Harris improves at QB. He has time to get better by our game.
Misstake W they lost way too much so we finally get a win against them.
Mizzery W

I know it looks too homer for many of you. I have posted my views of TCU above so I feel good about that one. A&M has a Dline that is scary but their Oline is a mess. Bama has a unique situation with a new QB, RB and a lot of new Olineman. Ole Miss has an open date before us but still may crumble after playing FSU, Bama and UGA before us. Both lines for Ole Miss will be exposed and the lack of a running game will tempt them to run Chad Kelley too much for his health. Florida won’t play anybody until they play LSU 10/8 and UGA 10/29 right before us. UF will get exposed right before they play us and brought down to earth. I have a hunch LSU will change their offense to make Harris better, use his legs and they will have most of the season to train him. Misstake will have a decent defense but the offense is going to crash if their QB situation doesn’t find a miracle. RB and WR lost some talent. Teams can sccheme WR Ross out and their offense will be severely screwed.

The idea of so much know-how in coach Gary Patterson’s hands made the Frogs a preseason favorite (second in the Big 12 media poll, No. 14 in the USA Today coaches rankings).

But that was a week ago.

Things change.

Leading tackler Travin Howard has not practiced because of an “emergency-type” medical issue, Patterson said Thursday. Defensive ends James McFarland, back from a broken toe that sidelined him last season, and Tipa Galeai did not practice Thursday. Cornerback Ranthony Texada, who missed 10 games last season because of a knee injury, is still adjusting.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/col … rylink=cpy

Week 2: vs. Arkansas

Kickoff: Saturday, Sept. 10, 6:00 p.m.

Last meeting: Arkansas 22, TCU 21 (1991)

Breakdown: The two former Southwest Conference foes will rekindle the rivalry 25 years later but under different circumstances. Arkansas dominated this series a generation ago 43-23-2 but will return to Fort Worth heavy underdogs as TCU has emerged as a national power.

Key player: Josh Carraway. Arkansas will have a new quarterback (likely junior Austin Allen) leading the offense so if TCU defensive end Carraway can get into the backfield early and make Allen uncomfortable, the TCU defense will be at an even bigger advantage.

Prediction: TCU will exact a small act of revenge for Arkansas’ SWC dominance over the Frogs. TCU 38, Arkansas 14.

Record: 2-0

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college … end-big-12

I’m hoping for a 5-0 sweep but I know that at least one loss is probable A&M/TCU. I want the tide real bad and the team needs 5-0 confidence to do it I think. HOGS YA’LL.

http://www.frogsowar.com/2016/9/3/12789 … we-learned

I hope I am wrong but it looks like 3-2 after five.

Nah. I bet there is some royal butt chewing going on right now.
I’m sure they will improve. Not saying we are going to win this Saturday, but this might be the wake up call we needed.

We got beat Saturday. La Tech could have beaten most of the teams in the SEC Saturday. They beat us and we beat ourselves.

Hopefully La Tech can win out and make us look better as the year progresses.

A lot of people were complaining about our O line, but I thought our D line was a problem.
Certainly we could have tackled better in the secondary. Hopefully that gets corrected.

I also want to see AA throw the ball away instead of throwing interceptions.
He did look sharp most of the day, but those turnovers will kill us.

Just keep predicting the other team to win. Might be what it takes for a good season

Worked last year.

Good points Pork. Depth in the secondary is what many of us are concerned about now. I’m not sure that TCU would have beat LaTech.

Well…Porkdiet 1 down two more to go! HOGS YA’LL.