The fair weathers are out

You know then men’s b-ball team is doing something right when all the fair weathers are out looking for tickets. It always amazes me why they contact their friends that are season ticket holders looking for tickets. Here’s a tip. If you’re finally looking for a ticket that must mean there’s been several games you had no interest in going to yet me as a season ticket holder was there, doing my part. Pay for those games and show your support and I’m more inclined to help you get extra tickets.

1 Like

There is a man with the right attitude. I’m not critizing anyone else. I’m just saying that’s a good thought.

1 Like

The up side is that when the “Fair Weather Fans” are out our team is looking really good. Come on out you fair weather fans. Help us fill the Bud. Our team is doing really good and is gonna do better. WPS!!!

1 Like

It’s been tough supporting with a Butt in the seat the last 15 years. If there were a lot more butts I think we would have won more games. Unfortunately there’s too many excuses out there as to why a fan doesn’t show up until we look good. I’m just not helping that person. Now my neighbor in my row that has grand kids that he rotates through… if he called and asked if I could scrounge up a few more for them, I’ll jump.

1 Like

Winning is everything. It has not been real good for Arkansas basketball fans in many, many years. Of course fan support is going to wane. People can see the quality of coaching this team is getting and how the future is looking much brighter due to our winning this year and the excellent recruiting.

The people of Arkansas don’t need much of an excuse to come fill Bud Walton. They are great basketball fans. You name me one SEC school, other than Kentucky, that has supported their team better than Hog fans the past 15 years. No school is the answer. I would bet the average attendance at Bud Walton the past 15-20 years is higher than every school in the SEC, except for Kentucky. Some years when Florida was good they may have surpassed us, but the average for 15-20 years…no way.

What you are seeing is one of the reasons Mike Anderson was fired. The apathy in the fans is disappearing. Renewed interest in Arkansas basketball is here. It is a good thing. Now, if we can get this same thing going with the football program, Hunter Yurachek can light up one of those Cuban cigars. Are those legal, now?