Thankful for a new job opportunity

Started last Thursday with FedEx as a driver of their bulk truck which makes fewer stops but drops off a lot more packages, I do Walmart’s,Hospitals the mall etc. Very grateful at age 61 to get this opportunity, so glad I got myself in good shape in 2019, has made this job really no problem so far, will get harder once I’m off training and have to handle every package by myself but I will be up to it!! God is good :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Youda, I have no doubt you will exceed any challenge.

1 Like

Great. Wish you well at this job. I am 72 and still working most every day often much longer than 8 hours. Perhaps I am little slower, but it is done right. I am sure you will find it to be similar.

CONGRATS

2 Likes

Billy…all I can say is youdaman!

Blessings in your new job.

2 Likes

Happy for you my friend, but does this mean that some high school football team is missing a very good line coach?

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words everyone.I stopped coaching in 2017 so been away for a few yrs… I miss the daily interaction with the kids and the strategic part of the game but needed to find something to where I could make more money to supplement my retirement income.I would like to work for five more years and then I might could actually retire :slightly_smiling_face:

Aloha,

Made my day! Awesome news.

GHG!

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Sounds like a great job for the extra dough…and one that could be done for 5 years. Smart. And any new gig during this Pandemic is admirable. Good luck.

1 Like

Very happy for you, youdaman. You contribute a positive presence on this board.
May health and safety travel with you always.

1 Like

Youda, though we’ve never physically met I can judge from your interactions on these forums that you are a good man! Good luck, FedEx will be glad they got you -

1 Like

Congrats on the new job, youda…best wishes for success.

1 Like

Good for you, Youda! Be happy in your work!

1 Like

The bending and lifting will definitely give you a good work out.

1 Like

Yes it will, been working with a personal trainer from 7:30 to 8:30 every morning for over a year and I’m very thankful for that because it is prepared me for this job very well,the walking pretty much nonstop for 10 to 12 hours can agitate my back some, so I take my Aleve with me everyday Lol

Good luck, You, in your new career.

If you see Doug Heffernen, tell him I said hi. :laughing:

1 Like

Congratulations. I hope the job is what you expect and wish it to be.

1 Like

Bend at the knees, not the back. Just kidding.

Congratulations. I hope you still have time to post.

Yes absolutely :blush: 610 packages today… Most do far…feels good to keep moving and sweating.makes the day go quicker.

1 Like