Thank You Mr. Umpire for

…awakening the sleeping BEAST!

JUSTICE served. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It sure seemed like that was the moment that sparked the team. Arkansas’ Twitter account had some fun with it. When Diggs hit his go-ahead homer a couple of innings later, the video was tweeted with the caption, “That one’s for you, Blue.”

3 Likes

I’m still confused how any umpire can justify in his or her judgement how interference can happen when there’s no contact! Since there are so many things that can be reviewed I sure don’t understand why in one inning 2 plays can happen
Catchers interference while Turner is batting and the base running interference that was called against Turner and neither play can be reviewed.
The rules committee needs to take a hard look at both of those issues.
It did seem to motivate a Hogs team that looked like dead lice was falling off of them to that point.

2 Likes

I believe the decision on the rule in this case is that a runner is not supposed to go at the fielder in an attempt to distract. He can’t distract verbally or with movement. The umpire thought Turner turned in towards the runner to distract and that is part of the rule. No contact is required to be called for interference. I read the rule last night because I was confused, too. But it’s written that you can’t distract. Of course, that’s judgment by the umpire whether or not Turner was trying to distract. I don’t think he was doing that.

Me either. I guess I just have a one sided approach. I guess it’s also the judgement of the blind umpire there was no catchers interference on Turner at the plate either since none of them seen it.

That was a strange play I’m not sure Turner knew what to do… I did see him lean in but I’m not sure if he was trying to distract, I think he was trying to decide to stop or go around him, then just proceeded on it had no bearing on the field or catching the ball whatsoever that’s why it was a stupid call

1 Like

We overcame adversity to win. That’s my takeaway from yesterday. That’s really good.

Maybe TN is like us last year and we end the year like the Starkvegas folks did last June. A feller can dream!

2 Likes

Our rendition of poetic justice. Hoping to see it happen.

1 Like

It was a strange interference call. Turner did not get in front of the 2nd baseman or touch him, nir did it appear that he screamed at him. The ump simply said he ran “at him”. Bad, and critical, call. Generally, interference is obvious. If it’s not obvious it’s probably not interference; except on the plains.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.