Thank you Hogs & Coach Muss

This is the 1st game in any Razorbacks sport I’ve watched in 12.5 yrs without my beloved dog and best friend Baxter at my side. Putting him down yesterday due to compassion & his health was needed. This win against The Squid and the Jellycats is dedicated to him and feels so damn good! Go to Hell Kentucky and I cannot wait for the follow up game in BWA!!! That crowd should be epic!

I meeded this tonight and it feels like jumping into a bed with freshly clean sheets! Thank you Mitchell twins as well!

WPS

15 Likes

Heartfelt condolences for your loss.

6 Likes

I had to put mine down 4 weeks ago. The acute pain has waned, but I still miss her & find myself looking for her several times a day. I understand the pain. Glad you could get some respite tonight.

7 Likes

I found myself doing the exact thing for Baxter, and then realized reality. Great win regardless and definitely something to drift my mind away from sadness & pain!

5 Likes

@jeremy what a HELL of a game!

WPS my friend!

7 Likes

I feel your pain. Hang tough.

6 Likes

My condolences on the loss of your beloved companion.

I’m glad our Hogs could help ease your pain, if only for a short time

4 Likes

Thank you Clay. Beating Kentucky in Basketball is up there with beating the hell out of Texas Football!

WPS and thank you for you and your father’s contributions with Hogs sports writing over the years!

5 Likes

You are welcome. I agree on beating what those two mean and my dad would vote with us.

4 Likes

Just something about those damn Hogs, Clayton.
I am so glad they put a smile on your face tonight.

5 Likes

Thank you friend!

1 Like

Any time. Feel free to DM me. I have definitely been where you are, and I have been so sad for you.

1 Like

Great win, but a tough loss. Hang in there.

4 Likes

Maybe the Hogs won that one tonight for Baxter. WPS.

3 Likes

They did in my opinion

2 Likes

So many dog lovers on here, and I love it. I always say if you want to know what our dogs mean to us, just spell dog backwards…it really says it all.

4 Likes

Boy @scotchhog your loss makes me savor every minute with Mr. Bojangles. He is laying right next to me right now as I type. So sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me how we develop such a close bond with our little furry creatures. They really still our hearts. We resign ourselves to losing them, but the grief and pain we experience from their absence is heavy. They add real joy to our lives.

2 Likes

My wife and I do not have kids. We have had labs. In fact to this day I will swear that the only reason my wife married me was because on our first date I took her on a float down the King’s River with my dog. The entire time my Choc Lab, Bourbon, stood with his front feet on her seat and his head on her shoulder. It was love at first site. We have an 8 year old Choc. now named Clyde. he is also a “Momma’s Boy”. When she leaves the house he is beside himself waiting on her. I know when she gets home because he runs in from looking out the window. When I open the door so he can run greet her I always laugh. He is the most athletic lab I have ever had but he can hardly run to her because he is wiggling so much!

1 Like

My last three dogs were strays I adopted. I eventually had to have each one put down. It was so upsetting I didn’t ever want another dog. Then I started feeding this stray cat. Tony moved in and became my best friend for 9 years. About two months ago he had a stroke cut painful to watch and he had to be put down.

So I feel your pain. I learned that cats are great pets as well and can be devoted to those who take care of them.

WPS!

2 Likes