Texas St v Ohio and v Arkansas

My 2 favorite defensive stats:
Texas State offense averaged 5.57 yards per play against Ohio (the Ohio that gave UT everything they wanted).
Against Arkansas, 2.02 yards per play.

They were 7-19 on 3rd down conversions v Ohio, 3-14 v Arkansas.

Through 3 games, aTm’s offense is averaging 6.45 yards per play and is 14-46 on 3rd down conversions.
Arkansas is averaging 5.64 yards per play and is 14-37 on 3rd down conversions.

Good stuff.

Thanks for posting. I think the 3rd down conversions came in the second half on the 1 drive. They were completely shut down the first half.

I really think it’s going to be interesting to see how our defense plays against A&M. The best thing thing we’ve done is schedule 3 hurry up teams.

I thought the speed of TCU got to us a little bit, we weren’t lined up on several plays. I didn’t see any of this against TS.

Well, Texas Tech had almost 700 yards vs Louisiana Tech including 200 rushing yards, Arkansas managed 106 with a total figure of 297. I’m not sure much is gained from comparing scores and stats of common opponents.

You sure didn’t, TCU ran almost twice as many plays as TState(90-52), hard to line up sometimes when your trying to catch your breath and cramping.The only time I recall the go fast offense being a factor for TS was the opening drive of the second half which resulted in a field goal. I’ll go out on a limb here, if the Hogs hold the Aggies to 52 plays, they will win easy.

The Aggies had a really bad game for third downs at Auburn.