Texas Preview of the game

https://texassports.com/news/2019/3/18/ … ansas.aspx.

on paper we definently have the advantage on the mound in game 1.

I think Wicklander will come out strong. I just hope he can go 5 innings.
I hope Martin is able to get going. If the hogs bats wake up this might be a fun 2 game set! I just hate Texas. So much it’s hard to swallow getting beat by the horns.

I know we will enjoy seeing a RH pitcher for sure.

They have a much better team this year, and I think they will be laying for us after last year (it was so sweet!). Neither will admit it, but these two games means a lot. I would oh so love to take both games, but will not be let down by going 1-1. 0-2 would not be good.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we turned the tables from the way it used to be in football… How many times would we be “laying for them“ and they would come in and just crush our spirit… would love for baseball to be just the opposite that we get in their heads, intimidate them every time we play and cause them to just hope and pray they can stay in a game with us

A sweep would be nice but I’ll take the split…this weekend more important :sunglasses:

As good as the Hogs were last year, didn’t win a SEC series on the road.

The hogs had a few road series won and threw them away. With melt downs by the bull pen or errors. The bull pen is better this year and I think the defense is solid but not as good as last year. We will see in a few weeks how it’s shaping up.
I think we will win the Bama series and we could sweep them.
Getting at least one win over Texas would be nice but I’d like to see the hogs crush the Horns.

We have a stat advantage over the Horns in every pitching and offensive category, let’s go make their life envious one more time.

That sure wasn’t much of a “Preview”…all about them…typical teasippers…

I don’t know about “much better” or even better that with four of their top guys from last season’s CWS team either having gone on to professional baseball or being out with season-ending injuries.

Junior outfielder Austin Todd (.289, 2 HRs, 21 RBIs), junior infielder Ryan Reynolds (.288, HR, 9 RBIs) and freshman outfielder Eric Kennedy (.284, 2 HRs, 16 RBIs) are the only Longhorns hitting over .260.

Texas is not a really good offensive team
We just need to not give them anything cheap like walks and errors