Texas injuries

Texas catcher DJ Petrinsky was ruled out for the rest of the season this week after he tore his labrum. The Longhorns already had lost their starting shortstop, David Hamilton, to an Achilles injury.

Texas has the look of a really good team this year, but losing the starting catcher will be interesting to watch. It’s definitely something to watch in the Arkansas midweek series in a couple of weeks.

Legitimately sorry to hear about those injuries - I “hate” the Longhorns, but I really hate kids suffering serious injuries like that. Really mean that - Longhorns or not.

That said, I hope we run 'em ragged when we play them. We’ve got some base-stealing talent this year, so I’m looking forward to challenging their back-up catcher on the base paths. I’ll bet we see a throw or two past first base or into center field.

[quote=“WizardofhOgZ”]

…Legitimately sorry to hear about those injuries - I “hate” the Longhorns, but I really hate kids suffering serious injuries like that. Really mean that - Longhorns or not.

[/quote]I know it’s crazy, but I like to play teams at full strength…on the other hand, I like to win. Anyway, we’re on the road this time, and it’ll be a very tough middle of the week road series…always fun to play the Horns and reminds me of my time on the Hill…and a couple road trips to Austin.

I can’t hide my excitement when we beat the Horns regardless of what talent is or isn’t on their team…

While I will always hate Texas and want to beat them I never like to hear about kids being injured. That’s just sad!