Texas A+M is where we should have been..

We should’ve won last year against North Carolina, but we just melted down. A+M just laid an &$% whipping on North Carolina. Just dominated them. Why not us? Why not now? Why not? I don’t know those answers, but I was wrong again…I gripped about Texas A+M having a 7 seed like us…now I know why.

I am glad for the A+M coach. Congratulations to the Aggies.

A and M looked like we used to look as a program.

Hungry.

Power and aggressiveness and no fear.

Congrats to them and especially to Kennedy.

It’s taken him a while as well to get program rolling.

I think his first sweet sixteen at A and M.

But they have some horses and heart for sure.

[quote=“bushhog”]

A and M looked like we used to look as a program.

Hungry.

Power and aggressiveness and no fear.

Congrats to them and especially to Kennedy.

It’s taken him a while as well to get program rolling.

I think his first sweet sixteen at A and M.

But they have some horses and heart for sure.

[/quote] This is his 7th year as well after coming from Murray St

Aggies have lots of mens. You need those at tourney time.

I was wondering who would be the first one to post this as I was watching the game. Some just like to rub it in. Some are always looking for these angles.

Not the same UNC team this year. Was overseeded. We lost to #1 seed and eventual champ.

A&M looked awesome today. The way to win consistently is by having two good athletic big men to go along with a strong 6ft 8 forward and tall guards to help defend the threes. If you can eliminate penetration by blocking shots inside like A&M did today and forcing more threes by your opponent that is winning basketball. I think Coach Anderson should go back and look at the tapes when we won the NCAA to see the roster we had at that time. I like Coach Anderson but I agree that he needs to make a big move in the tournament in the next two years or he is out. WPS!!

Aggies have the best mix of talent and experience in the SEC. There is a reason they were ranked #5 in the country in January before suspensions and injuries hit.

I respectfully disagree, different year and two different teams than the Arkansas vs UNC last year.
UNC had much more interior size and length than they have this year and Texas A&M size and length this year was the difference.
You can’t teach size and length, you either have it on your roster or you don’t.
I’ve repeatedly said all year that we didn’t have the kind of roster to do much better than we did, I believe we actually exceeded by about 1 conference win what I thought would be a .500 SEC total.
When you get to this time of the season you need quality depth at the power forward and center position because the games tend to be played more in the half court style than how we push tempo at BWA.
Just look at the scores from the Tournament, not many games played in the 80’s or 90’s.
Teams that have multiple scorers and play tough, disciplined defense tend to advance deep into the tournament.
I have also said that Coach A knows what the blueprint looks like because he was there during the Day, Mayberry, Miller era and of course the Championship era.
Go get some men!

Go Hogs!

I have not followed the Aggies much this year. I was amazed at how well coached and poised they appeared. They always seemed to know where and when to pass the ball. They played a very solid, helping defense that made NC earn nearly everthing.

I agree with the Post above. This time of yr., you need men and you must have solid defense. Go back and look at the '94 run through the tourney. They played a whole lot of very solid, extended zone and rebounded very well. I have no doubts that coach Anderson knows that.

And that’s what’s crazy about college hoops.

That well-coached and poised TAMU team that’s always seemed to know where and when to pass the ball and played a very solid, helping defense that made NC earn nearly everthing, started the season (11-6, 0-5) and wasn’t a great bet to make the NCAAT.

It’s a wild sport.

I get that we are minimizing A and M’s win because NC was better last year when we lost than this year.

But what were we saying when UNC blew us out THIS year?

Let’s guve props to A and M for beating UNC in NC.

Loved the way those kids played.

North Carolina may or may not be better than last year. They were really good last year. What my point, if I even have a point, is why couldn’t we have won our game last year?..it was right there for the taking. 9 point lead…with 2+ minutes left. We coulda, shoulda made the Sweet 16 last year. We blew our chance last year. Sometimes you don’t get a chance to redeem yourself.

At some point it might become apparent to Mike that he needs a bench coach that can work with players at the 4&5 positions. We are terrible, don’t acquire proper position, don’t block out, get caught defending a guard, etc… It is time to upgrade assistants or if Mike refuses, replace entire coaching staff. There’s a reason no other program has an interest in “stealing” one of our assistant coaches. This league is improving and next year could prove to be long and ugly for the hawgs.

If MIke doesn’t make changes next year then he will have a change of address. I don’t think I was prepared for how many fans have “tolerated” the Mike A style/scheme which have now tipped over to frustrated unhappy fans. We thought we would get NR when we hired MA but that has not happened at all.