Texas A$M fans at home

The atmosphere in College Station was great in our series with A$M. The students were wild and crazy. I’ve been to many Hog games at Baum Walker and give our fans high marks. But this year it seemed to be less of a factor. From my sofa anyway. Maybe it’s a reflection of our below expectation performance. Do students set together in an area at Baum Walker? I don’t recall seeing that but it’s been a couple of years since I attended a game there. Curious….

1 Like

Students sit in the Hog Pen. There used to be a section of chair-back seats reserved for students, but that has been gone for several years.

If you keep going three up, three down, the crowd’s not going to be much of a factor.

2 Likes

Right. You only have two swings most times after you watch the first strike go by. That makes it hard on batting averages and runs.

1 Like

Some of those who sat behind the plate and were loud supporters of Razorback baseball for many, many years couldn’t afford to keep our seats and no longer attend. I don’t know if the high dollar donors filled those seats and loudly supported the team or not. I agree that three up and three down most of the time will silence the crowd. GHG!

1 Like

I saw a lot of empty seats behind the plate this year. You make a very good point. Something about catering to the fat cats and their money seems to have sucked some of the purity out of Baum.

My seat is behind the plate (106). Sections 107, 108, and 109 are the highest dollar seats. 108 is directly behind the plate.

There have been times in past years when my section is very sparsely populated. I must say that the number of people filling these sections is probably slightly above past years. That would apply to most games. One of the problems is that many of those people do not (or did not) know the Arkansas baseball traditions. They did not know to call the Hogs when the opposing coach visits the mound. I will say that many of them bought beer hats after a few games.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.