Terrible last possession!

Terrible ball handling. Terrible loss.
Oh well, they fought themselves back in to the game with a chance to win. Disappointing!

Honest question.

Does Mike punish the kids for not going by the designed play?

When Harris got caught on that switch, Jones’ man went to Joe, and Jones was open. Instead he tried to throw it up to Gafford. He should have passed the ball back out, maybe he (Jones) misses, but at least they would have got the shot.

What possession. Harris someone that can’t make a shot handled the ball and waited too long and got where he could t do nothing at all but turnover the ball. Poor decision again just like every other bad decision in the game. Miss ST will be a tough game. It’s time to get ready for the NIT.

You may want to rewatch that last play. Jones was open and Harris forced it to Gafford.

They are ALL gonna be tough!

What did you think about second to last possession?

NIT? I just hope it’s not a losing season. Looking at what’s left, Vandy is the only game to feel decent about.

If we played tough physical defense throughout the game, we shouldn’t have to worry about the last shot.

I did watch it again and Harris is pathetic!
I hated the ball was in his hands. He can’t shoot worth a flip and he never looked back out. This is just another example of a
Display of a team that don’t know how to win! Every walk and every stupid shot taken in that game and also the non existent defense on all of those open 3’s show us all what this team is. NIT bound.

You mean the phantom call against Gafford?
Or the flagrant no call ?

I agree with you. I hope we make the NIT.

Very disappointing, especially when one considers this was the best we could come up with after two times with the Coaching staff. We had time while the charge was being reviewed and failed to get the ball in, then this botched effort after the timeout. I do not recall anything that has resembled a play on an inbounds play, more often than not we end up throwing the ball in the backcourt.

Unfortunately this and the Carolina game were the projected winnable games. Some tough games coming up.

I’m not taking up for MA because I don’t know what the last call was. But wasn’t the possession before that a called play for a dunk off of a sideline out of
Bounds? Does he get credit for that or just blame when the play doesn’t work?

Again, I’m not saying MA is some mastermind. But, it sure looked to me like the play was designed to get the ball to Gafford, who had been dominating, at the rim and when they took that away he panicked.

Is that on MA? Maybe so. It all is, I guess. But that’s at least 2’gamss we have lost when 2 of the older players on the team panicked and threw up prayers rather than pass to wide open shooters. Bailey did it at home vs. LSU when Joe was wide open at the top of the key, and tonight Harris just threw up some junk looking for a miracle rather than passing to our wide open, most clutch player (Jones).

I’m fine with whatever they do with MA moving forward. We are much better than we were as a program, but the constant team and fan rollercoaster is tiresome.

Our program reminds me of EPL soccer. It’s never the players’ faults—always the coaches. And, the next guy is always going to be the savior, until he actually coaches and isn’t. Wash, rinse. Repeat.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

I’m not taking up for MA because I don’t know what the last call was. But wasn’t the possession before that a called play for a dunk off of a sideline out of
Bounds? Does he get credit for that or just blame when the play doesn’t work?

Again, I’m not saying MA is some mastermind. But, it sure looked to me like the play was designed to get the ball to Gafford, who had been dominating, at the rim and when they took that away he panicked.

Is that on MA? Maybe so. It all is, I guess. But that’s at least 2’gamss we have lost when 2 of the older players on the team panicked and threw up prayers rather than pass to wide open shooters. Bailey did it at home vs. LSU when Joe was wide open at the top of the key, and tonight Harris just threw up some junk looking for a miracle rather than passing to our wide open, most clutch player (Jones).

I’m fine with whatever they do with MA moving forward. We are much better than we were as a program, but the constant team and fan rollercoaster is tiresome.

Our program reminds me of EPL soccer. It’s never the players’ faults—always the coaches. And, the next guy is always going to be the savior, until he actually coaches and isn’t. Wash, rinse. Repeat.

[/quote]Not saying the play itself was bad, because the execution unfortunately overshadowed the play. Did failing to get the ball in bounds the first time give Mizzou a better chance? But the pattern on in bounding under the basket, of what I have seen most of the season does not lead one to the conclusion of success.

I post this just because I still care about the Razorbacks, the players on this team, Mike Anderson and his staff, and most of all, the fans.

I think that the next month is crucial for our basketball program. The level of support for Coach Anderson is weak and trending down. The players are still playing hard, but a team must have some success to keep them engaged. The reality is ,based on recent history, that some more players will transfer. The SEC tournament will probably end with a frustrating loss. A NIT bid may or may not come. Regardless, a team that showed a lot of promise will finish poorly and there will be little or no positive momentum. Recruiting probably will suffer. At best,it will take at least 2 more years to rebuild a team that is a top tier contender.

I hope that all my doom and gloom is unwarranted. I hope that we get hot and win 5 or 6 more games, play well in the SEC tournament, and win a couple of games at the NCAA tournament.

I think that decision time is near. I think that a clean, honest program like we have now won’t be enough for most Razorback fans. Finishing 3-10 in the SEC standings is not good enough for a lot of vocal fans and boosters. Conversely, we may only need a couple of highly rated recruits to once again compete at the highest level.

I will continue to cheer for and support Razorback teams. WPS.

1. The last foul on Gafford was ridiculous. He didn’t get close to touching Geist.
  2. The screen and roll worked great the first time and Gafford dunked it.
  3. Running it again was not very smart. Since it worked so great the first time, everyone watching knew the hogs were going to run it again. Mizzou knew it and were ready to stop it. But that is Mike Anderson. I have no confidence that he can win a close game with his coaching. When the Hogs win a close game is is just an accident.

And this is what makes the MA tenure tiresome. There are a lot of fans with this mindset. All of his success has been an accident.

He has won tons of close games and had never had a losing season and it has all been an accident.

At this point, I won’t gripe about whatever they decide to do. He’s had a long run with decent but not great results.

But takes like this are just as stupid as it gets-so ignorant.