Ten Minutes without a real field goal

It was at the 9:53 mark, to go, in the first half before the Hogs put a field goal through the basket. Previous to that, they had only 5 points, 2 from a goal tending, and 3 free throws. I don’t recall ever seeing that in a men’s college basketball game, where a team didn’t put a field goal through the net in the first 10 minutes of the game. When Moody hit that shot at 9:53, we were down 22-7.

Then, to score only 19 points in the first half, but come out and score 16 in the first 4 minutes of the second half; just hard to comprehend.

It’s a head scratcher. If you look back at the game and see where players caught the ball open and then drove into traffic to put up a prayer that’s a big part of it. The ball security is another part of it too! I keep hearing about missing layups. When I look at the layups they missed most of them are circus shots that had little to no chance of going in.
What’s more concerning to me is the lack of defense. The pure hustle and want to.

LSU had a 41-6 run in the first half of their game. We have never been that inept in trying to put the ball into the basket. We take a lot of bad shots and we don’t shoot well. That equates to getting your butt beat against a good team.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.