Tar Heels offer Nick Smith Jr

I’ve watched him 3-4 times since he was in 9th grade.

He’s very athletic. He’s the kind that comes out of no where and blocks 3 point attempts. He gets rebounds, makes an outlet pass and is among the first down court (very fast).

In a typical game, he probably leads his Sylvan Hills team in all major categories - points, steals, rebounds, blocked shots,
assists.

His dad played at Jacksonville University in Florida and is very supportive.

It’s easy to see why Nick will be valued at basically any school in the country.

I talk to his grandfather some, but haven’t asked him his thoughts on colleges.

He is as smooth as they come on the floor, great player!

Is Nick expected to stay at home and play for Sylvan Hills next season? I was hoping that Nick playing instate might keep the NCs, Dukes, and KYs away.

Anyway, congrats to Nick on the NC offer. But, please choose your home state Razorbacks!

1 Like

I assume he will stick around. Several Sylvan Hills kids have transferred, however. Jalen Ricks left there for a prep school. Bryson Warren went to 8th grade at Sylvan Hills then transferred to NLR and is now at Central. (Lots of hopping around now days).

Nick plays AAU for Bradley Beal (based in St Louis). Bradley Beal pays all expenses including travel expenses for the parents from what I understand.

One last thing… Nick and Joseph Pinion are very close friends.

That can’t hurt the Hogs’ chances.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.