Talked to Scott Pagano's high school coach

Nothing earth shattering but his comments will be in Fridays column.

Richard is there any real chance we land this guy?

He’s visiting so yes. Will they? No idea. I bet he doesn’t have a strong idea where he’s going.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

He’s visiting so yes. Will they? No idea. I bet he doesn’t have a strong idea where he’s going.
[/quote]I wonder if any of the schools he is considering, recruited and got a visit when he was coming out of high school – or if that would have a bearing, like a second choice from the first commitment.

Really really really want Pagano. Here is an update from his Notre Dame visit.

https://campusinsiders.com/news/scott-p … 3-07-2017/

Former Clemson Tigers defensive tackle Scott Pagano took his first visit since announcing his plans to transfer and walked away impressed.

Pagano took the trip north to South Bend, Indiana over the weekend to check out what the Fighting Irish have to offer. While he isn’t ready to name a leader and will still make his way to the other schools he has scheduled, he referred to his time with Notre Dame as a “a good, complete visit.”

Arguably the biggest free agent on the recruiting market this offseason and a projected top-10 draft pick at his position, Pagano will provide immediate depth and skill at the all-important tackle position.

“Coach Kelly said he was excited for me,” Pagano told Ryan Bartow of 247Sports. “He said I would be a big presence in the middle for them. He said you don’t get capable transfers like me too often. He said they would count on me but I would have to earn my playing time. He said he hopes I come there.”

From what the coaches had to say, to the rich history in South Bend, Pagano walked away with a ton of good things to think about.

“I liked the campus. It’s all right there, all within walking distance. There’s only 8,000 students. It’s a quiet town. They have good history and tradition. It’s a good school to play football at and further your education. They have some good coaches.”

A part-time starter for Clemson during the 2016 championship run, mainly due to depth at the position, Pagano is eligible to play immediately due to the NCAA graduate transfer rule. He finished his career with the Tigers having tallied 93 tackles, 8 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks.

Up next he has plans to visit Arkansas, Oklahoma and Oregon.