Surely we will climb back into the polls?

Even TCU whipped Baylor soundly. So we win and our opponents are (mostly) doing well. Shouldn’t we get back into Top 20?

I think we get back. Several teams above us lost. We beat #11. Our 3 losses have only been to ranked teams. I say we move back in

We should but who knows how it shakes out

I told you not to call me that and yes. We will be back in the rankings. I’d say at #21.

No doubt…we will be.in the polls.

I think the more likely scenario is Florida free falls about 10 spots or more and Arkansas is in the receiving votes portion. The voters were turned off by that Auburn game and I would bet many don’t vote Arkansas because of it.

[quote=“MattJones”]
I think the more likely scenario is Florida free falls about 10 spots or more and Arkansas is in the receiving votes portion. The voters were turned off by that Auburn game and I would bet many don’t vote Arkansas because of it.
[/quote]I’m not a voter and I was turned off by the Auburn game. It was the worst offensive and defensive performance I’ve ever seen.

It’s hard to believe it was the same team that routed the gators.

I agree, Matt. Auburn was a season wrecker in the eyes of the national pundits. Just an awful, inexcusable margin of loss.

Y’all might be right about the effect of the Auburn game. If so, we badly need to beat LSU. No one would keep a 7-3 SECW team out. I’d think an 8-4 finish would assure us of a season ending place in the polls.

One really bad performance sticks with these guys who vote in the polls. Remember last year that Arkansas beat Ole Miss and LSU in back-to-back weeks, but wasn’t ranked primarily because of the loss to Toledo.

Tom Murphy has the Hogs ranked 20th (we’ll have his full poll on the site later today). He’s likely to have them ranked higher than most because he sees them every week.

We still received votes in both polls last week even after Auburn (and after the open date which did nothing to wash out the bad taste in voters’ mouths). But not very many. Will we pick up enough support to crack the top 25? We shall see.

Arkansas is unranked in the coaches’ poll. The Razorbacks were third receiving votes.

Florida dropped seven spots in that poll to No. 16. LSU dropped five spots to No. 19.

The AP poll will come out around 1 p.m.

FYI, we use the College Football Playoff poll for this site and our newspaper once it comes out in October. Until then we use the AP poll.

Fla has played an easier schedule and has one less loss because they had a game Hurricaned out.

And, we beat them 31-10. And, they’re 16 with us at 28. Makes sense.

Not all national pundits have that bad taste in their mouths caused by the Hog loss to the Tiggers. Paul Finebaum picked us to win over the Gators; he still believes in us and would probably cast his vote for us in the polls.

Coaches poll MASSIVELY disrespectful to the Hogs. Interested to see AP.

Arkansas is second receiving votes in the AP poll. Florida fell 12 spots to No. 22. LSU fell four to No. 19.

Everybody wants to be ranked, but in some ways, I think it might be better for us to continue to be hungry (as per Trey Flowers) and use that as motivation against a ranked LSU team this week. We take care of business in that game, we will be ranked going into the Mississippi State game. But we have our hands full with the Tigers. Always do, but lately we’ve handled that handful. LSU knows it, too. If Coach O can hold them together, they will be ready for us.