Sunday visit updates

WR Lance Wilhoite absolutely loved Arkansas. He said the coaches made te difference and talked about developing him beyond football. He said te only other place he felt the genuine concern from coaches was at Ohio State.

He said Arkansas is definitely up on his list.

CB Adonis Otey was much the same is saying how the coaches want to develop them spiritually, academically and socially. . Arkansas is in a good place with him. He said he loved the place.

Otey was very surprised by Arkansas.

More coming.

WR Trey Knox loved the offense and Morris’ history of playing bigger receivers. He said Arkansas definitely raised up on his list.He liked how Morris talked about being a good person and how they want to develop the players to be a good man, husband and father.

CB Woodi Washington
Where does Arkansas stand?

“They’d definitely be up there at the top of my list after this visit.”

He said he would mist likely come back for an official visit. He called Coach Chavis a great guy and a straight up guy.

2020 OL Omari Thomas was very impressed with the facilities and strength and conditioning program along with the nutrition part. He said the new staff is trying to do something special at Arkansas.

2019 DE Joseph Anderson (6-4, 264) - notes visit has pushed Arkansas up very high on his list - has 22 offers from Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee and others - plans to make his decision sometime from the end of the spring to the middle of the summer.

2019 Memphis Whitehaven WR-DB Devin Boddie, Jr. - with offers from Louisville, Virginia, Vanderbilt and Tulsa - was surprised at the facilities Arkansas had, how new they were and how more things were going in. Loved WR Justin Stepp and hopes to get an offer from Arkansas that would lift them to the top.

2020 OL-DL Omari Thomas (6-5, 265) plays both offense and defense and played well enough to garner offers already from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss and more. He was really big on the overall program Arkansas. As a sophomore, he is in no hurry to make a decision, but noted Arkansas made a big push today.

Seems like DE recruiting–arguably the 2nd or 3rd most important position in football–is really taking off with the addition of Chavis and Caldwell.

Game-changing DEs really cover up a lot of worts behind them. Our best defenses in the modern era have all featured bell cow DEs (Wayne Martin, Conley, Jamaal Anderson, Bequette, Flowers, Deatrich).

Chavis will get the defense back to playing well! The DLine will perform and be aggressive. I can’t wait! I know this next year won’t be a reflection of his standards.

RD or DD,

Am I crazy or was NaNa Osafo-Mensah not originally planning on coming this past weekend with Dylan Wright? I never heard about him being there so was curious if something happened.

I’m not aware that he was planning on visiting