Summer Football Preview Done

The 2018 Football Preview is printing the next two days. It’s 84 pages of features and columns. I’ll let Matt attach the cover to this post. This is one of my favorite issues each year. There are player evaluations from Joe Craddock and John Chavis from throughout the depth chart. There are features on Santos Ramirez, Hjalte Froholdt, Ty Storey, Cheyenne O’Grady, Scoota Harris, Devwah Whaley, Jared Cornelius and Sosa Agim. Kevin Richardson sits down with Scottie Bordelon to detail the playmakers on this team. Of course, Kevin is a great interview and gives us a good look at what this team can bring. The magazine is packed with great photos from Ben Goff, our terrific camera guy. The cover is a portrait of Chad Morris. All of my Chad Morris features from the last few weeks are rolled into the lead. Dudley has a good look at an interesting recruiting year in the state. He picks the Hawgs Illustrated Top 33. OK, I’m excited. You guys will have to wait a few days while it prints and its’ glued into an 84-page perfect bound book with a UV slick coat applied. Hopefully, it will be mailed by Friday and be in homes next week.

I’m looking forward to it!

It sounds great, Clay.

Whooo Pig Soooie…

My favorite issue each year…

Thanks Clay and staff! WPS! :smiley:

I got mine Friday. Great job!

It mailed Thursday. So that’s as fast as possible. For most, it will take a few more days.

Got mine on Saturday, and as always a good read. Always interesting to see how the staff talks about players. You read the same kinds of comments about enough guys and you get a feel for who the coordinators think can help now or in the near future.

There was no section on special teams players, although the projected depth did list kickers and punters.

Limpert was 8-9 last year on FGs so that part looks okay. He did not get a whole lot of touchbacks and somehow managed to kick six KOs out of bounds, so I am curious as to whether they are still looking for a kickoff guy.

Blake Johnson was inconsistent last year punting, and kind of looked like the same guy punting in poor conditions in the spring. Are they bringing in any real competition for him?

I assume they will wait until the fall to make any decisions on returners.

I don’t usually get deep into kickers in spring. Don’t see enough of them generally. And coordinators don’t handle kickers. Connor Limpert is the heir apparent as kicker. There will be new ones added to fray in the fall. Punting was sub standard last year under Blake Johnson. Both areas need much improvement.

When will it be available at retail stores, and which stores?

Got mine today, good stuff!

Should be on the shelves of some Walmart Super Centers around the state – but not all. If you want to order one by phone, call 800-757-6277. Operators are standing by.

Great job Clay and crew. I’m enjoying every page of the preview!

Thanks,
LD

It was as good as any I remember.

Bob, you are always kind. I was pleased with the way it turned out. It came together faster than any that I can recall. I’m sure that having the spring game on April 7 helped.

I haven’t bought a football preview magazine in years. I may buy a copy of this one. My interest in football has taken an upturn. This new staff is like a new drug. We’ve been suffering from an infection for years and Morris is starting to cleanse the body. I just hope we don’t suffer a relapse in a couple of years.