Steve Prohm

Des Moines paper is reporting Alabama is showing interest in Steve Prohm from Iowa State.

I don’t think he would want to leave Iowa St but maybe Bama can throw the cash at him and have another big buyout to pay in 3 years!

Prohm and Iowa State remind me a lot of how our program used to be.

It’s almost as if when one of Nolan’s latter teams got beat by Iowa State in NCAAs, we went south and their program grew.

Iowa State atmosphere reminds of the magic of Barnhill and great fan support.

Prohm isn’t responsible for program last couple decades of course, but his teams play tough.

Would be a great pic up for Bama or many teams.

where I was Friday and will be back for baseball tomorrow after going to a friend’s wedding in Pell City.

Apparently Avery has already told the players he won’t be back and all that is left is to finalize the buyout.

It’s $8 million now, would be $6 million after April 15.

One has to figure they settle on 7.

However after Nolan left, Iowa State program was down from 2001 through 2011 making just two tournaments and not making it past the first week.

It picked up in 2012. For the next 8 years, they made the tournament 7 times, but made past the first week just twice.

Last season was a big downer 13-18.

Prohm is a Bama graduate.

We’ve never played Iowa State in the NCAAT. Iowa beat us in 1999, but that’s wrong school, wrong conference.