Stealing one at home

Barely. By the skin of our teeth. Still, it was a win over a ranked opponent. I was more impressed with the Viles than I was with us. Hope we can improve our FT shooting and perimeter defense. If not we will be middle of the packers.

I get the feeling people are going to start whacking Gafford when he touches the ball. Especially if he keeps having 3-for-9 nights at the foul line. Other than Gafford, we shot 75% at the line which is quite acceptable.

We gutted one out against a great team and you say that ? Good grief

Some were thinking we were going to blow Tenn. out.
What I saw today from Tenn., was the same aggressive tight defense I saw against Furman. That caused me some concern, especially since that was how Houston beat us.
It was a very good win. They were able to close it out!

The Hogs shot 100% from the field in the OT. The refs and a couple of really lucky threes by the Vols made it close.

That was a great game!

Good teams find a way to win close games.

Response: Gafford is usually an above average free-throw shooter, it appears the hawgs played another lethargic game at home, and will a win, that’s worth noting. The previous game that led up to today’s game also appeared out of sorts and they won by more than twenty points

I didn’t remember that, but looking through the play by play at ESPN.com, I believe you’re right.

I saw no lethargy today. What I saw was a really good Vol team playing very good at both ends. Good defense can make a good offensive team look out of sorts.

Who in world thought Arkansas was going to blow Tennessee out?

here you go Dudley.

Bokoshe\t

Hogs will beat Tennessee by 20+

Postby Bokoshe » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:00 am
Looks like no contest to me.

Tennessee is a very good team. Hogs got it right at the end but give the Vols credit. I certainly expected a dog fight.

One person?

Good lord.

The hogs were fantastic today against a sweet 16 team no doubt. People need to understand what we have not what we don’t have. Every team has deficiencies. You can point them out or enjoy the wins. Mike will handle the deficiencies. Just enjoy the fact that we scored 64 points in 25 minutes. That’s phenomenal!!

This was a great game, great crowd, and a team giving its all against a high quality opponent. I don’t think they stole the game, I think they just refused to lose. You have to admire that. Great job by CMA and his team. Bud Walton was the Bud of the 90’s.

TN shot the lights out. We managed to stay close and strike when opportunity came. We won a game against adversity, and that is a good thing. One game at a time.

[quote=“TheHuntinHog”]

One person?

Good lord.

The hogs were fantastic today against a sweet 16 team no doubt. People need to understand what we have not what we don’t have. Every team has deficiencies. You can point them out or enjoy the wins. Mike will handle the deficiencies. Just enjoy the fact that we scored 64 points in 25 minutes. That’s phenomenal!!

[/quote]

Actually 67 with the macon trey at the buzzer…but yeah that was a serious offensive performance against a very good defensive team.

So one dude with 4 posts? After watching Tennessee a lot this year I thought it would be a dogfight and we would win by 6-10. Vegas had it as a 6-7 point spread.

Guys I was simply responding to Dudley’s question. He axed and I told. I thought at the time of the guy’s post, that he was overconfident and I would be happy to beat the Viles by 1. I knew they were good and I knew that any team coached by a guy named Barnes will have his team ready to play. I’m thrilled with the win, but hoping we can improve in a few areas. Now comes a bigger test. Winning an SEC road game. GHG!

I had the same thought

We were very lucky to win but you need some luck to have a good season. Tennessee has a very good team. A team full of outstanding athletes with more talent that can easily run with us and they have a very deep bench.

Response: interesting perspective, regardless of missed opportunity at the stripe line by the hawgs, in addition to missing bench scoring our hawgs managed to stay within 7pts and within a two minutes span eliminated the margin going up by one in the final seconds of regulation. I think, it is extremely difficult to beat a team three times in a roll, especially when the team is considered good with a top twenty ranking to boot. Final thought Barnes in his third seasons needed this victory especially if this is his best team since taking the reins at Tennessee, perhaps this is why Tennessee brought their broadcast crew to work Arkansas home game, Bradley was back in the studio