Spring hoops recruiting

Looks like we will go into the spring recruiting/portal w at 4-7 open scholarships, recognizing that there will be a lot of fluidity about what happens. Unless there are some late bloomer types who show up on the radar moving into the spring, seems like we will be a major player in the portal again to rebuild for next year

Guessing the following scholarships likely to be available (2 will be taken by Fall and Blocker)
Mitchell (graduation)
Mitchell (graduation)
Graham (graduation)
Council (pros?)
Smith (pro)
Black (pro)
?Devo
? Walsh
? Brazille

Kamani will also be gone. I just hope we are able to hold on to Ford, Dunning and Pinnion. Devo would be a bonus, and I would be ecstatic if Walsh came back. That would be what passes for a good returning nucleus these days.

There may be a few surprises when it comes to which players return for next season. Nothing is impossible when it comes to Muss putting a roster together. Just sit back and enjoy this season and we will see!

1 Like

It’s usually slim pickings in the spring. I would expect Arkansas hitting the portal hard again. Shocking I know.

1 Like

Mahki actually has 2 more years of eligibility left and could get a 3rd medical season for missing nearly all of his 1st year at RI. Now, if he continues to improve like he has so far, he may go late in the NBA draft. But, he may also want to come back and I’d be surprised if Muss wouldn’t want him back.

2 Likes

It has been effective! Muss sure knows how to evaluate talent. He also attacks the needs of the team in order to compete! I hope there’s a shooter that shows up on this season roster at some point

2 Likes