Spring game

Is in Little Rock this year per an email blast from Yurachek.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … ttle-rock/

What date?

April 7

Due to ongoing construction, though the AD did indicate they understand the program belongs to the state.

Interesting . . . as we’ll be in the middle of a HOME SEC series vs. Auburn in Baseball. That will keep many fans from traveling to LR for the Spring game.

GHG

Here’s what Yurachek said:

One thing that has become abundantly clear to Coach Morris and me is the importance of the Razorbacks throughout the state. From every corner and region, people are Calling the Hogs. To better connect our new staff and program across the state this Spring, Coach Morris and I have decided that we will be taking the spring game to War Memorial Stadium on April 7.
This will provide an opportunity for Razorback fans in Central Arkansas to meet Coach Morris and his team and for each of us to get to know you. While staging an off-campus spring game is not traditionally permissible per conference guidelines, we appreciate the Southeastern Conference accommodating our request. The change in venue will also benefit the ongoing construction at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
In addition to the traditional spring game in Central Arkansas, we are planning a family friendly event in Northwest Arkansas as well. Many more details are to come, but I wanted to share with you some of the exciting things to be looking forward to this spring.

I think this is the start of all of the games being moved to LR.

Ha! I wondered how long it would take…

A few additional details:

• The spring game will begin at 1 p.m.
  • The TV situation has not been finalized, although it almost assuredly will be on SEC Network.
  • There is a Razorbacks baseball game at Baum Stadium that night vs. Auburn.
  • The last spring game in Little Rock was in 1988. There was one scheduled there for 1989 but the stadium was deemed unsafe at the time, according to our archives. The last off-campus spring game was in 1989 in Hot Springs.