Spike lee

Thought he was never going back to a knicks game. Thought he was so mistreated that he gave up his season tix. He was at half court. Guess he felt irrelevant.

No biggie.

1 Like

I love Spike! Brilliant filmmaker and a needed voice for a growing world of diversity. His TV commercials the last few years have tended to be outstanding.

1 Like

Diversity is essential, divisiveness not so much.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting spin. Kappernick was willing to get banned from football making a stand (or kneel). Lee is sitting at half court at Madison square garden after trying to make a similar point. Guess he wasn’t really all in on that point?? I mean I’ll pretend to never go to the garden again to fight for our rights but now we are in the playoffs so…

1 Like

Are people here so backwards they do not understand great film making?

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

1 Like

Oh I love, absolutely love well made films. I just don’t need to know the director’s skin color or ethnicity before I give them a thumbs up. I don’t like the idea of someone’s thumb being added to the scale or numbers added to elevate one individual over another in admissions or any contest of skill. Diversity of opinions and different cultural influences make our lives more interesting, challenging and vibrant. Spike Lee is a gifted director, actor and comedian. Question is would you value him so highly if he were white? His commercials are fabulous. Of course, Barkley and Shaq are my favorites. This is still about basketball, isn’t it?

1 Like

I believe that incident happened a year ago and Spike never said he wasn’t going back, just not that season.

Here’s the ESPN interview: https://youtu.be/DinyLPaM1U0

If I were a Knicks Super-Fan, that followed them and paid for courtside seats even thru their worst years, I would feel a certain way too. I didn’t even see this as a diversity situation, just a right and wrong for the Knicks most famous fan.

1 Like

I was a Knicks fan for a long time before they suffered a long period of losing and then turned to Lakers. But I still follow them as much as Lakers. Your post is very accurate.

1 Like

While I liked a lot of Spike’s early work, I think it is quite arrogant to call people backwards if they don’t share your taste in entertainment or politics. It is, after all, quite subjective. I do not enjoy watching or reading science fiction. Does this make me anti-science?

1 Like

I find it interesting how similar the words arrogant and ignorant are, like two peas in a pod.

You may be right. He may have just felt mistreated. I guess they made up. I though it was more. My bad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.