Spahn and Sain and pray for rain

That was the old adage/poem back in the day.

http://www.travel-watch.com/spahn1.htm

That seems like our plight after having burned Stephan and Knight and somehow, in a way only Hog luck can, having to face the 4 seed’s Number One after beating them once and then them having to stave off an elimination game.

I’ve tried to toss around scenario’s in my head as to how we can pull this out and the only ones I am come up with involve the bats getting red hot, someone like Murphy or Alberius turning in a gem and several pitcher’s chipping in and giving inning in short rest.

The bats going off would really make it easier because DVH could go longer with pitchers.

I would say we have about a 10% chance of winning the regional at this point.

I think it’s going to take some high-scoring games for Arkansas to win this regional. I think it’s possible given what we saw in Hoover last week, but not likely.

The rain probably helps whichever team wins today (if it’s played) against Missouri State because it gives some relievers another day to rest up. Of course, it does the same for Missouri State.

The NCAA says the team that starts 2-0 in a regional has won the regional 82 percent of the time since the tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1999.