South Carolina prediction

Let’s see some thoughts on tomorrow’s game

I think South Carolina wins an ugly one. Arkansas can’t afford to get off to a slow start, because scoring will be a chore.

Hogs need to try to get out in transition and look for early offense because it’ll be tough to score in the halfcourt. Hadn’t looked at it until now, but SC is No. 1 in the nation in defensive rating, allowing just 86.2 points per 100 possessions. That only bumps up to 90.8 in SEC play. Hogs will need to take care of the ball. SC is forcing turnovers on 26 (!) percent of possessions in SEC play.

Martin uses a lot of 4-guard looks, so this may be a game where Mike goes small a lot.

Interested to see how much Mike goes zone. A more conservative look may be best. SC gets to the line as good as anyone in the conference.

I have watched a lot of SC this year and I believe our hogs will come unraveled quick! Their fans are loud and excited about this team and the hogs dont play well in a packed house! Add in it will be the most relentless defense they have faced yet along with refs that call the game to the volumn of the crowd and I think we see a lower scored blowout in the tune of 78-52 South Carolina!!! I hope I am way way off but I see a total collapse of our season against most games left of teams playing their best ball while we have become a fragil minded team!!!

I have watched a lot of SC this year and I believe our hogs will come unraveled quick! Their fans are loud and excited about this team and the hogs dont play well in a packed house! Add in it will be the most relentless defense they have faced yet along with refs that call the game to volumn of the crowd and I think we see a lower scored blowout in the tune of 78-52 South Carolina!!! I hope I am way way off but I see a total collapse of our season against most games left of teams playing their best ball while we have become a fragil minded team!!!

The Razorbacks have been bipolar in most games this season. If they figured out something on defense against LSU, then it could carry over. South Carolina has some strong players but has a poor inside game and fouls a great deal on defense.

The Gamecocks’ recent games – +2 over Georgia at home, 4OT loss to Bama at home, +4 at Mississippi State – suggest that they might not be playing at the same level as they were earlier.

Alabama had a 32-16 halftime lead over SC, shades of Arkansas’s struggles this season. The Tide made the Cocks miss 39 2-pt and 26 3-pt shots.

Who knows what approach MA will take to this game. Could be anything, but I believe the Hogs need to focus on perimeter defense.

I predict S. Carolina will build a double digit lead in the first half.

I don’t know why but I feel someway somehow we scratch out a win. Been wrong plenty times before. :?

Play D and attack them and try to get them in foul trouble so their D backs off some and shoot lights out on free throws. Hogs win! WPS

Moses and Barford both go for double doubles. Hogs win by 4. I’m saying 75-71. oh and definitely one #airdrio #sctop10

I expect to lose by 25 or so. It may be a bit less, it may be a bit more. I would be really really happy to win, but I just dont see it.

We crumble under defensive pressure and start playing one on one isolation ball, leading to poor defense

I like to see us play a conservative game. Match-up zone to prevent penetration and force them to execute offense and shoot from distance. That gives us a chance to rebound and run, and not having to face their aggressive defense as much. On offense, be patient, pass and movement to find a gap to attack, finish or draw fouls; also shoot when/if open. This will give us a chance to make a game of it one way or the other.
But I think AR is going the way it always have, and is going to get dismantled with double digits.

Just checked with Chicken Little and the sky will be alright tonight so I am feeling and smelling slop HOGS. Major upset, hogs by 2 in OT because our guards play tough for the entire game ( for a change). WPS

I was very wrong and am very happy!

It only took 5:30 for my prediction to come true.

The remaining 34:30 was sweeeet!

Wow… Very close on the score and though they didn’t get the double/double their clutch scoring and D were the foundation of this win.

Great call… Great job.

I’ll trade my #airdrio #sctop10 for a a manny nottop10 and the W all day. If we got Barford Moses and Dusty rolling like that watch out Florida (w out big igbunu)

Excellent prediction of what it would take.

CLASSIC MANNY