Some personnel notes

Bret Bielema was asked about a few players during his SEC teleconference appearance this morning. Some notables:

• Jarrod Barnes has not traveled, but will dress and is expected to play vs. Coastal Carolina.

• Jamario Bell has been cleared to play and probably will see the field some on special teams this week.

• Alexy Jean-Baptiste has been cleared within the past couple of weeks and could play some vs. Coastal Carolina.

• Josh Harris traveled to Ole Miss but did not play. He is a backup on three of the special teams units and is possible to play Saturday.

Ah yes I’m feeling a sense of vindication on Jarrod Barnes. Play makers needed. Might we see him him in the Wildcat soon?

Our team, with little experienced depth has been killed this season with key injuries. I like what we should be returning next year…it will be sad if the existing staff doesn’t return.

I am so excited to see the 3 LB’s come back to give our guys a break. Fatigue is setting in with too many snaps lately. Greenlaw, Harris, Eugene and Ramsey are playing way too many snaps to be strong in the 4th. This is a perfect game to play these LB’s a lot to knock the rust off.

Matt, what is the scoop on LaFrance? Is he any closer to playing. He usually tweets after a game saying he is praying for a shot at playing.

While we’re talking about linebackers, what is the status of Dee Walker. I “think” he’s playing some, but i don’t remember hearing his name called (i.e., making plays/tackles). Is he injured? Buried on the depth chart?

Seems like I remember he was playing some with the first team in pre-season drills - but I’ve kind of lost track of him.

I heard it is function of learning his keys. Something like he is our fastest LB but he gets to the wrong place faster than anybody else…a young pup that needs a bowl game and spring