Some personal news

I wrote about this at the end of my column, but Friday is my last day with WholeHog. Shortly after getting back from Portland, I accepted a position working in Walmart’s corporate office.

Love this job and I’m sure I’ll miss it. I’ve had a blast for the past 17 months, but this decision was a no-brainer for me long-term.

I’ve really enjoyed interacting with a lot of you guys the past year and a half, particularly discussing basketball. There is some great dialogue on here I have genuinely enjoyed being a part of.

I’ll still post every now and then and perhaps write some basketball stuff on occasion, but nothing in an official role after this week ends. It’s been a great ride and I’m glad to have shared some of it with you guys.

All the best to you Jimmy. We’ll miss you and our kids is Walmart’s gain.

Thanks for your insights!

I really enjoyed your detailed analysis and insights to strategy. No one on this board or any other board I know of matches the thoroughness of your comments. Good luck and as Douglas Adams would say: “So long and thanks for all the fish.” *

*(For you British Humor challenged out there, that is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.)

All my best to ya! Thanks for your insight!

Congrats on your new gig. We will miss you and your input

You’ve done a great job and will be missed. Best of luck to you.

Good luck! I’m sure you made the right decision! Please do continue to add your insight even if it’s from the outside. I’m sure you can still add a lot.

[quote=“JimmyCarter”]
I wrote about this at the end of my column, but Friday is my last day with WholeHog. Shortly after getting back from Portland, I accepted a position working in Walmart’s corporate office.

Love this job and I’m sure I’ll miss it. I’ve had a blast for the past 17 months, but this decision was a no-brainer for me long-term.

I’ve really enjoyed interacting with a lot of you guys the past year and a half, particularly discussing basketball. There is some great dialogue on here I have genuinely enjoyed being a part of.

I’ll still post every now and then and perhaps write some basketball stuff on occasion, but nothing in an official role after this week ends. It’s been a great ride and I’m glad to have shared some of it with you guys.[/quote:1j1s2wn7]

You were an outstanding addition to the HI staff. You made basketball an year-round topic on this site. Before you, it was understandably too much for Dudley to attend to basketball during the football season. I kept asking Clay to plug that gap and I was thrilled when HI hired you.

I am hoping HI hires a replacement. But I am also. hoping you will be an unpaid user of this site and continue to analyze games as a hobby like the rest of us.

Welcome to Walmart. If you’re ever in store 2575, stop by the pharmacy. I’m the only guy in there. I’ve been with Walmart almost 30 years, and my experience has been nothing but great. If you keep your nose clean and do your job, nobody will mess with you and you will have a great career. It’s a great company to work for.

I really enjoyed reading your stuff.

Good luck to you and thanks for your efforts to help all,of us here.

So your leaving, leaving or will you occasionally post…[img:a4rbr1f3]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/12/unfair.gif[/img:a4rbr1f3]

[quote=“PJHawg”]

[quote=“JimmyCarter”]

I’ll still post every now and then and perhaps write some basketball stuff on occasion, but nothing in an official role after this week ends. It’s been a great ride and I’m glad to have shared some of it with you guys.[/quote:3r3xkrh8]

You were an outstanding addition to the HI staff. You made basketball an year-round topic on this site. Before you, it was understandably too much for Dudley to attend to basketball during the football season. I kept asking Clay to plug that gap and I was thrilled when HI hired you.

I am hoping HI hires a replacement. But I am also. hoping you will be an unpaid user of this site and continue to analyze games as a hobby like the rest of us.[/quote:3r3xkrh8]

We have a replacement lined up. I won’t be announcing it until he finishes up his current job this week.

I heard it was Jon Gruden.

That’s funny right there, I don’t care who you are.

[quote=“MattJones”]

[quote=“PJHawg”]

[quote=“JimmyCarter”]

I’ll still post every now and then and perhaps write some basketball stuff on occasion, but nothing in an official role after this week ends. It’s been a great ride and I’m glad to have shared some of it with you guys.[/quote:2nspamjz]

I am hoping HI hires a replacement. But I am also. hoping you will be an unpaid user of this site and continue to analyze games as a hobby like the rest of us.[/quote:2nspamjz]

We have a replacement lined up. I won’t be announcing it until he finishes up his current job this week.[/quote:2nspamjz]

Thanks. That is great news. You guys are on top of it.

Best of good fortune to you. You have been awesome in your detailed
expositions on games and players. I have looked forward to your
postings and hope you will have time to share your views and
observations in the future.

I’m glad to hear it, Jimmy, but I’ll miss your input. Hope you continue to post as a member. Best of luck to you.

Jimmy, thanks for your excellent writings! I’ll miss your detailed analyses of Hawgball. All the best in the future to you and yours…

Jimmy, thanks for your excellent writings! I’ll miss your detailed analyses of Hawgball. All the best in the future to you and yours…

Aloha Jimmy,

You will be greatly missed. Your insight, analysis and hard work was a tremendous contribution to WHS and HI. You most definitely took sports journalism to a higher level with your objective metrics. May the Good Lord bless your Walmart career with outstanding success. At Walmart, if at all possible, recommend to travel as much as possible. It’s a big world out there. A lot to see and experience. And will make you appreciate your Arkansas heritage.

GHG!

You’re contributions and objectivity will be missed. Best of luck to you at Wal-Mart. Go kick some A in your new gig.