Some Bowl projections for this week

ESPN’s Bowl picks are premium content this week (?), so here are their picks for Arkansas:

AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium (Memphis, Tennessee)
6:45 p.m. on ESPN and the ESPN App
Bonagura: TCU vs. Mississippi State
Schlabach: TCU vs. Arkansas

TransPerfect Music City Bowl
Nissan Stadium (Nashville, Tennessee)
3 p.m. on ESPN and the ESPN App
Bonagura: Arkansas vs. Minnesota
Schlabach: Auburn vs. Minnesota

Nebraska in the Outback? 3-4 record with Iowa, Ohio State and at Wisconsin remaining?

I’m predicting either the Texas or Cotton Bowl.

Cotton Bowl is a CFP Semifinal game. Probably not this year.

On the other hand, no way we fall to the Liberty Bowl. That would likely mean we finished 7-5 or 6-6.

Funny how predictions work. A week ago, many had A&M in the Liberty Bowl. Now, the Aggies are predicted to finish 9-3 by many and 10-2 by some. You would think some lessons would have been learned by now (remember when Florida was a top 10 team because they played Alabama close?).

It’s entirely possible that the Bama game was a freak effort on the home field and A&M is more a 7-5/8-4 team. It’s also possible that Calzada is settling in and will play well for the rest of the season. We shall see.

Under the current format, I’d be shocked if Arkansas ever plays in the Cotton Bowl. Unless it is a semifinal game, SEC teams are rarely invited to the game anymore.

The Cotton Bowl lost something when it affiliated with the playoff. There have been some pretty uninteresting matchups the last several years, or at least uninteresting to me.

Yep…he (and many others) probably have Cotton Bowl on the mind because Mike Irwin made the same mistake on his weekly show Monday. Mike spend about 5 minutes talking about why he thinks we’ll end up in the Cotton Bowl…lol…