Softball trying to avoid the sweep

And off to a good start. Gammill and Gibson homered in the first and it’s 4-0 Hogs over Misery. Mary Haff in the circle, has allowed one hit so far through two innings.

Three hits and two more runs for the Hogs in the second. Misery lifted their starter after Gammill’s three-run homer; now she’s back in (I still haven’t gotten used to being able to re-enter the game in softball).

Misery got two two-run jacks in the fourth. Now 6-4. Haff still in but Autumn Storms warming up.

Braxton Burnside hit her 24th homer in the bottom of the fourth; tied for the NCAA lead again with Jocelyn Alo of the Paperclips. Now 7-4 Hogs. Misery changing pitchers again.

Piggies added one more in the bottom of the 6th.

Final score: 8-4.

Now sit 1.5 games ahead of 2nd place Florida.

For those wondering about Autumn Storms…

She relieved Haff in the top of the 7th with runners at 1st & 2nd and 1 out. Walked her first batter on 4 straight to load the bases, bringing the tying run to the plate.

4-6-3 double play; game over.

The reported “physical condition” that kept Stormy out of the first 2 games was disclosed during tonight’s telecast as a “back issue.”

Good to see Storms back in there. But if you don’t need her, don’t use her. We’ll need her this weekend.
I feel like they are on the verge of winning the SEC Cham!!

Good win but work to do… Only 1.5 game lead LSU next

Totally agree.

Having said that, Mary was pitching on fumes, and momentum was swinging towards Mizzou.

I thought a good call by Coach; perhaps also gave Stormy some “health confidence” heading into next weekend’s LSU series.

Agree, youdaman. But all we need to do this weekend is win the series against LSU.

we are tied in games lost with FL and I suspect that except for Bama the Gators can sweep any series. FL has played 3 fewer games than us and if they win out then they are tied with us.

Florida goes to Misery this weekend. Tiggers can definitely take one from them at home, maybe two. Aggies go to Gainesville after that and sweep is probable.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.