Softball beats Georgia 6-2

Four home runs at Bogle Park on a night which began with Geena Davis throwing out the first pitch. Record now 31-19/7-15.

The win clinches a spot in the 12-team SEC tournament for the Hogs. First time we’ve made the SECT since 2013. Which means we finished last in 2014-15-16 (Vandy doesn’t play softball). Our RPI is also top 30 so looking good for an NCAA bid.

(Side trivia note: I saw a clickbait article this week with the most famous fictional character(s) from each state; the choices from Arkansas were Thelma and Louise. Not sure what else you could have chosen; Karl Childers, mmmhmm? This comes up, of course, because Geena Davis played Thelma.)

I was able to watch the Saturday game. Even though we lost, the announcers were very positive towards the program and the promotion to get people to the game. It looked like a great environment. The team had more pitchers than last year and still played Moll who had the whole load last year. We made some defensive errors. We didn’t hit their pitcher very well. I do see improvement. We are just in an awesome league.

Saw a tweet that yesterday was a record crowd at Bogle Park.

https://twitter.com/RazorbackSB/status/860961615457505280