So, what is with

…these slow starts? I admit, I don’t get it. This team just dragggggs out of the gate for the first 8,9 minutes of every game it seems. It cost them a W today.

I’m no basketball expert, but the game is a lot more difficult when you’re forced to play catch-up for 40 minutes. You can’t relax and just ball.

Also, looking at the game stats thru first 10 games, and Umude’s lack of offensive production sticks out like a sore thumb. Need more on O from him. I know he’s capable.

Our offense one on one tough shots with no one under the basket, theirs ball movement with wide open threes or layups.

2 Likes

It’s all about rythmn and we don’t have any to start games.

Personally, I think a lineup change needs to happen.

3 Likes

I believe the lineup that started the second half should start the game… JD, Devo, j Will, Toney Umude. I think this is probably our best offensive lineup…

1 Like

Opening lineup tries to get Vanover minutes and set one tone and then control how the game transitions away from Vanover being in the game. Works if we score.

I agree with you, youdaman. This might jumpstart Umude, who is capable of more I believe.

2 Likes

KK should get minutes from JD and Lykes, when they are playing like that.

3 Likes

Yes I think he’s much more capable of scoring than he is showing… but he will have to play under control I’m starting to see him rush which may be because he’s trying to hard to give a spark off the bench

1 Like

I agree with that

1 Like

This is definitely one of those games that you absolutely hate to watch sitting on the bench not getting an opportunity to help your team not play like crap

1 Like

Everyone, w/the exception of Devo, rushed shots today. That’s what happens when you fall behind 13-0 and playing catch-up the rest of the way.

I admit, after re-watching some of the game, that I’m kinda dissapointed in this loss. OU isn’t very good. Beyond Grizzly Adams and Harkler, Moser doesn’t have much to work with. Arkansas beat itself today much more badly than OU did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.