So Tom Jurich is out at Louisville

Jurich, of course, hired Bobby Petrino twice, once after he’d blown up his career here. (He also hired John L. Smith for real, not an interim job).

So UL will need a new AD, one who isn’t tied at the hip to BP. You have to figure that BP, being who he is, will tick somebody off or think he can get away with something because he’s B**P. If he hasn’t already. And the new AD may be a lot less willing to cut BP any slack than Jurich would have been. So that will be interesting to watch, apart from the mess that Louisville basketball has become.

Finebaum just said that BP is likely to be the first one to flee Louisville since he no longer has Jurich to protect him. Also hinted that some SEC schools might be interested.

Pawwwwl is thinking the same thing I’m thinking. And it wouldn’t surprise me if he has some SEC suitors.

Thought I read somewhere that BP’s contract has an odd clause that reduces his buyout number if Jurich is no longer the AD.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]
Finebaum just said that BP is likely to be the first one to flee Louisville since he no longer has Jurich to protect him. Also hinted that some SEC schools might be interested.
[/quote]My worst SEC nightmare is Petrino at LSU.

[quote=“WizardofhOgZ”]

I can’t see that happening this soon into Coach O’s tenure.

[quote=“BaumbasticHawg”]

I can’t see that happening this soon into Coach O’s tenure.
[/quote]. . . or . . . Texas A&M . . .

Rick is gone per reports.

Do you really think anybody would hire him after this, wouldn’t that guarantee NCAA and Federal scrutiny of your program that you don’t want?

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket … t1qfkh1ftc”>http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/rick-pitino-fired-louisville-scandal-brian-bowen-fbi-ncaa/1ehjkt4uf8lyc1mst1qfkh1ftc</LINK_TEXT>

Right now, Pitino is on unpaid administrative leave, Jurich is on paid administrative leave. They have to give Slick Rick 10 days of notice before they sack him, per his contract. So he’s gone; even Rick’s attorney admits as much. Jurich is likely right behind him.

They needed some more elite, elite recruiters.

Wouldn’t rule out TAM and Ole Miss might be in play depending on NCAA penalties. A lot will depend on when the Louisville QB leaves for draft as that would be good time to exit if he fears a new AD. Would Tenn hire BP?

Lamar Jackson is a third-year soph so he is eligible for the 2018 NFL draft. I’m sure there are plenty of Tennessee fans who would love to hire BP, but I don’t know that their administration or AD agree.

I don’t know that OM is going to get anybody good considering the grave they’ve dug themselves with the NCAA. A&M is always a possibility. Somebody, somewhere is going to combine coaching ability, recruiting chops and the ability not to shoot themselves in the foot and will create a monster at College Station. It isn’t Sumlin, who apparently only has one of those three characteristics except when he plays us.

I could see both Ole Miss & TAMU jumping at the chance to hire BP. Of course, OM’s NCAA problems & the recent Freeze-girl scandal might force them to look to someone with a somewhat better personal reputation. Absent something like a 4-8 season, I don’t see Orgeron going anywhere this year. I could see Tennessee looking to replace Butch. I could see them looking in BP’s direction.

Gus (or whoever is at Auburn) is always on the hot seat. If AU loses 2-3 more I can see that job opening up.

Wouldn’t that being ironic considering Petrino’s past “involvement” with Auburn.

Auburn may be in trouble in more than Basketball - FBI informant opened a big door not only into college basketball

FBI now has a tip line

Tennessee, A&M even UF could all be options… I could also see him going to a Nebraska

[quote=“WizardofhOgZ”]

I can definitely see Petrino landing at A&M. I’ve always thought if Petrino was at the right school he would do what Sabin is doing at Alabama. Put him at a school like A&M and watch what happens. He has never been at a school as a HC that had the name recognition with the resources that come with it. Arkansas was the closest he came and we know what he was able to do in the short time he was here. Put him at a school with some Cred and a good recruiting base like A&M, Georgia, Florida, Auburn or LSU and he will challenge Alabama on a yearly basis for best team in conference and country. If he does wind up at A&M, it won’t impact us any differently. It isn’t like we will start getting a loss where we were getting a win. We can’t even beat them with a lame duck coach starting a Freshman QB. It would impact the other teams in the conference that can actually beat A&M.

[quote=“HAWGZILLA”]

Until Petrino fields a defense, he will not field a championship team, no matter where he’s coaching.

I disagree. I think if he ends up somewhere like A&M, he will land more than enough talent on both sides of the ball. I left off Tennessee from my list. That is another school that he would have great success at. If he ends up at one of those schools, sit back and watch what happens.