So much for the demise of Kamani Johnson

Woo pig sooie!

6 Likes

Did good…

1 Like

Player of game

2 Likes

The Razorback radio show named Kimani The player of the game and just interviewed him. He was one happy guy and I’m so happy for him! Just one more time he proves he’s the best offensive rebound guy on the team. And, now he’s our pressure free throw guy!

2 Likes

So happy for Kamani

He deserved PoG

1 Like

Couldnt happen to a better person. The man could have thrown in the towel but instead every chance he gets he hustles & scraps for the ball.

6 Likes

He goes to war under the glass on both ends. It was nice to see him get the out back to send it to OT, the critical rebounds and those 2 free throws to seal the win! He is just a warrior.

3 Likes

I almost posted on that thread that he would probably come up big and help us win a couple of games. I wish I had posted that. I would have felt smart.

2 Likes

You are smart young man! K Johnson beloved he can do it! Team player that sits and waits for his number to be called.

1 Like

Kamai has been to war as a hold over. He knows what it takes to win. My player of the game not for icing it but for bringing fire to the floor.

2 Likes

Good point. His total effort on the floor spilled over to the whole team. Every other player on the floor, also picked up their effort and intensity. A trait of a leader.

2 Likes

Played like his hair was on fire, and probably played his best game since he was at UALR.

This could happen again from time to time when Muss wants to go to a quicker group on defense or just wants more energy on the floor. Tonight Kamani’s energy seemed to get Council and Brazile started, too.

The new thing for Kamani tonight was hitting two huge FTs in the overtime. His foul shooting has been an adventure, but he canned the pair tonight with a lot of confidence. That, more than anything else, will give the staff a higher trust level.

1 Like

At the game tonight. Told Pam with 2 to go that if they pulled this out, KJ was the key. But don’t forget the play TB made to get the ball back with 10 or so seconds. Would not be denied.

So glad to have got to see these guys in person this close for 3 games. Man do they play so hard and will not back down.

7 Likes

Muss mentioned kamanis help defense was really good and our defense improved with him out there. That’s probably his ticket to gaining coaches trust. I always thought his rebounding was undervalued tho. He’s a guaranteed 6 points from offensive rebound put backs and a 10 rebound a night guy if he gets minutes. If he makes his free throws and muss likes his defense that’s hard to see him on the bench. The Mitchell twins played well in the first game especially, Brazile just had two strong games so I like our front court. But I love Kamani. Rebounding has a special place in my heart. The best part is his attitude. He said he came back this year because he thinks our young guys are good enough to win a national championship and he wants to be a leader for them. That’s awesome giving credit to his highly touted younger teammates and wanting to help make them better

2 Likes

During the game most fans could not see the action well for the save or the tying points. Would someone post them here in video, please. I did not record these games.

I wish I could for you. I watched the ge on my phone at deer camp.

1 Like

Muss is figuring out what he can get out of each player on the roster. He knows K Johnson is a dog and will go to war! He found out against Creighton it didn’t work so tonight he went with the Old experienced dog! Once Nick Smith get on the court he will tinker some more but the offensive fire power will step up.
The defense was up and down tonight. The offensive flow went to the toilet with Black out of the game. So it’s important for him to avoid foul trouble. The hogs need N Smith to get healthy and on the court. The sky is the limit for our hogs.

2 Likes

Does Johnson’s great game move him back into the starting lineup? Thoughts?

If Kamani Johnson can control his quick-fire emotions, he’ll continue to see playing time. He can be volatile at times, like when he got the technical after Brazile’s dunk. I like his high energy and in this game, he was definitely dialed in.

Kimani was very lucky he did not get a T las night when he was called for a foul then he started jumping up and down.

1 Like