So, might Burks

come back?

Wouldnt that be awesome if he came back to improve his draft stock?

1 Like

I would certainly love that to happen but I would also certainly be shocked if he does LOL…

2 Likes

I can’t see him coming back, not only has he shown amazing ability and all the measurables, but he has shown the NFL that he can play through pain and injuries.

The NFL is a big boys league and they want players that know that and can play through some injuries and pain. I think that will weigh really heavy in his draft stock. I’d not be surprised if he is the 1st or 2nd receiver off the board.

4 Likes

Burks is projected to go in the first round of the NFL draft by most services. He would not come back to improve his draft stock. We were fortunate he was injury free for the most part and played sensational football this year.

2 Likes

No doubt that he would be a great asset for the Hogs. However, if Burks declares for the draft, it should help receiver recruiting.

IMO, he should get the money. Things do happen. If you can get life changing money, you should get it.

3 Likes

I don’t doubt he should go. I just would love to have him for another season.

1 Like

It would be AMAZING if he came back. He would give us a real chance to have a great season and win the West. I think he is that much of a difference maker. However, there is no reason for him to come back. But who knows? He is a true Arkansas boy and playing for the Hogs may be his ultimate dream. I would love it if it would. Maybe we need to get him a real NIL deal and see what happens? Anyone got Jerry’s number??

2 Likes

I hate to say it, but he really needs to go now. He seemed to have nagging, lingering injuries the whole year but played through them in an outstanding season. But he took a lot of big shots, holding my breath each time. Needs to go for the draft money, get to an NFL team with their big time medical staff who can get him recouped and recovered to 100% so he can reach full potential. Not often a rookie receiver jumps right into a starting role, so they can take time recovering and developing him, all the while he’s getting paid the big bucks.

That’s the only thing that makes sense for Burks. For him to come back out of some sense of loyalty and then suffer a career-ending injury before getting paid NFL money is too terrible to contemplate.

3 Likes

He could come back and take out insurance against a career-ending injury, with a maximum value of $10 million. The insurer has to determine that he would be likely to be a high draft choice, which is clearly the case with Burks. But that is an option.

Clay could raise the price on HI and give him an NIL deal worth a couple mil.:wink:

Either way gentry, I’ll be back. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It’s pretty simple if he was your son or grandson and he asked you what he should do concerning turning pro or play another year with the Razorbacks. Yep, it’s that simple. WPS

1 Like

When you look at the money top-shelf NFL talent is getting nowadays, including endorsements (which continue post-career), a one time $10 million pay out pales in comparison. I guess it is an option, but I wouldn’t think a very good one financially.

I do not think that many of us realize how very much NIL and the transfer portal have changed the college football landscape for the future. Collect enough money in endorsements and you can buy as good a football team as you are willing to pay for. I don’t think from the fans’ standpoint that this is what we have in mind for college sports, but it certainly can be lucrative for the athletes.

1 Like

Opportunity is so fleeting; the risk may be low but the stakes are high. I will always wonder what Greg Childs (albeit a fourth-round pick) might have done in the NFL if not for that double knee injury in training camp. Insurance aside, I’d hate to see Burks put a life-long dream on the line by coming back.

1 Like

Not sure Jerry would help. He sure could use him on the Cowboys.

1 Like

Sam’s advice will be to go. It’s in the young man’s best interest.

3 Likes

When you consider the concentration of wealth in Silicon Valley and Hollywood, I think a lot of 5* talent will be showing up USC and UCLA.

Jerry has 15 needs other than receivers.

If I was advising him, I would not only recommend he go to the draft, I would recommend he NOT play in the bowl game. He needs to heal up and get ready for the combine.

Selfishly, I want him to play in our bowl game but the kid has given everything to this team this season. His future will not improve with the bowl game, but it could be damaged.

I totally agree.

1 Like