So Jerry knelt with the Cowboys

Before the MNF game. There has been a report circulating that Jerry told the team he would fire anyone who took a knee during the anthem. I doubt that was true, but if it was, he changed his tune. Looked to me like the whole team was kneeling.

Not sure if you just saw the picture or watched.

If you didn’t watch, they didn’t kneel during the National Anthem. They stood with locked arms and knelt for about 2 seconds at mid field, then stood and walked back to the sideline and all stood for the National Anthem.

Okay I missed that part. I was on the phone at the time and had the game muted. But I definitely saw kneeling.

Yeah, I was about two seconds away from turning the only NFL game I will watch off, and pulling my fan card. Luckily they got up.

Cowboys radio said they knealt to pray

If so I’m all for that.

But I hope we don’t forget when the Media criticized and the NFL threatened to fine Tim Tebow for doing that. Funny how times and things change, atleast when it doesn’t line up with their agenda, at the time.

Agree. Sadly, kneeling to pray will also create vast amounts of whining throughout the country.

Truth. I quit the NFL years ago. Because they bore me.

The final straw to me was the Jaguars’ (I think it was them) kneeling during the national anthem in London, but standing for God Save the Queen. I don’t agree with the national anthem protests. Never have. But to take it to another country (we should never air our dirty laundry in another land) is just wrong. No more NFL for me. And if they keep making some of these decisions, NFL truly will stand for Not For Long. I appreciate Jerry Jones’ stand, but they’re liable to be fined by Roger Baddell because they absolutely can’t bring any form of religion into their games. :roll:

[attachment=0]IMG_1763.PNG[/attachment]

Don’t know if this actual NFL rule as stated here,
Obviously got this off Facebook.

These NFL teams did exactly what Trump wanted. Got everybody talking about it, and mad about it again at that Friday campaign rally down in Alabama. Imagine that. A bunch of white people in Alabama not liking black football players kneeling during the national anthem. Layup for Trump.

Yea, the Donald seized the opportunity to grab the spot light.

I don’t know who’s worse - Trump or Goodell!

Just a test. Seems my posts may not be getting through. Guess PC police on duty.

Its pretty simple I’m proud to be an American and I love my country! For those whom don’t respect our flag or the national anthem that’s there choice. Voice your protest with an educated protest to help unite rather than to divide.
Enforcing the rule of law in this country has become a joke.
Since most of these guys are rich I wonder just how much of a contribution to this country they have made! None!
God bless you all.
I hope the NFL goes bankrupt.

Michael Rosenberg, writing at Si.com, said this wasn’t about the flag or the anthem for Trump. It was about Trump. He always goes for the applause, padding his ego, and his speech in Alabama that prompted all this was purely going for the applause.

<LINK_TEXT text=“https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/25/colin … kaepernick”>https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/25/colin-kaepernick-donald-trump-nfl-anthem-protests-teresa-kaepernick</LINK_TEXT>

It has been noted in Dallas and other quarters overnight that when the Cowboys kneeled, some of the fans in Arizona booed, even though they stood up before the anthem. Which supports a suspicion I have had, that this really has nothing to do about the anthem, it’s that someone dared to actually protest publicly about anything. Heaven forbid that athletes or anyone else actually exercise their First Amendment rights to say something that someone else doesn’t agree with. Especially when the topic of that protest is race relations, how African-Americans are treated in our society.

(Yes, this is about politics, but this whole weekend has been about the inescapable intersection of politics and sports).

Nope. As a mod, I can see when posts have been deleted. Nothing deleted. You just weren’t getting through.

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/spor … -478596561

“Before the MNF game. There has been a report circulating that Jerry told the team he would fire anyone who took a knee during the anthem. I doubt that was true, but if it was, he changed his tune. Looked to me like the whole team was kneeling.”

Snopes says this didn’t happen although it sure made the Facebook rounds.

I can’t imagine SI taking a shot at Trump :roll: I’m glad he said it, although I quit watching NFL last year and quit the NBA long ago.

They didn’t kneel during the anthem, but they did just before. Then stood & locked arms during the anthem.