So Baylor beats Vanderbilt.....

After all Baylor did and had to deal with, they beat Vandy in a bowl game.

Our silly little, grossly-mismanaged-by-Long/Bielema football team isn’t in a bowl game, let alone able to beat Vandy even at home.

And, oh yeah, the SEC is far superior to the Big 12. Let’s not forget that.

Good thing recruiting is starting to smooth out all the rough edges. Desperately needed around here. Ray of hope and so on…patience…

I feel your frustration and raise you one. If we had replaced CBB with CCM a year earlier, Charlie Brewer might well have been our QB this year.

I thought this game more than any other thus far illustrated how critical the QB is to the success of the offense.

We need to help in all areas. Baylor OL controlled that game, when you can run the ball it makes it a whole lot easier to throw it especially when you got good receivers and a QB we’re getting there but it will take a while

I thought that the Cheez-it Bowl the night before did a good job of demonstrating that fact. That game featured the ONLY two senior QB’s still on a FBS scholarship with their original teams (TCU and Cal Berkeley) that had never started a game - and both played the majority of the Bowl game.

It showed.

The 2 QB’s combined to throw for an underwhelming 120 yards and 7 interceptions in a 10-7 TCU win (in OT). Sominex missed a golden sponsoring opportunity.

[quote=“youdaman”]

We need to help in all areas. Baylor OL controlled that game, when you can run the ball it makes it a whole lot easier to throw it especially when you got good receivers and a QB we’re getting there but it will take a while

[/quote]While I only saw portions of the game, it seemed that Baylor was effective putting pressure on Vandy’s QB, often with just a three man rush. He was pretty effective versus us and I don’t remember us making him uncomfortable in the pocket.

I think I heard the announcers say Baylor last year won 1 game? I hope Morris has the same pace of improvement or better his second year. We better hope Nolan or Jefferson, or a transfer are as good as the Baylor qb was last night.

[quote=“eaglehog5”]

I feel your frustration and raise you one. If we had replaced CBB with CCM a year earlier, Charlie Brewer might well have been our QB this year.

[/quote]Selling CCM to the fanbase a year earlier would have been difficult. As poorly as the 2016 season ended, CBB still had Arkansas in a bowl game, whkle CCM was going 5-7 with SMU and had an overall 7-17 record in two seasons with the Mustangs. The timing just wasn’t right…

vanderbilt defense was like our defense last night missed tackles and out off position

I hope CCM quickly gets over the shock of playing in the SEC West … CBB never did and he came from a much more decorated program.

Who might the QB be next year if CCM had been fired for a new coach this year? This looking back from atop my soapbox is a fun game. I see everyone’s top of head from up here; some have really thinning hair. I can understand eagle’s vantage point.

I think you read way too much into my post. When I learned where Charlie Brewer was from I just sighed and thought to myself, " timing sure is everything". For the record I would not have been in favor of firing CBB after the 2016 season, much less hiring CCM at that point.