So as of now

Arkansas and Tennessee two border states have the the only SEC wins. Hopefully that will change over the weekend!

1 Like

I was really hoping Arkansas would be the only SEC team to garner a W

2 Likes

That Tennessee QB has a cannon for an arm. They should be really good again next year.

1 Like

Watching the game last night made me think of the old Frank Broyles era football. Even though the game is vastly different, more wide open, it reminded me of his thinking on field position. He often said that if you can make the opposition have to go eighty yards to score, it is hard to not make a mistake along the way. Yes we have better field goal kickers and the only way to move the football is not just a run, but Clemson’s less experienced quarterback seemed to be able to move the team down the field, but unable to finish off drives.

Even when the Vols drives stalled very often after making a few first down they did not give up great field position, making Clemson have make significant yardage to even try field goals. All this said, I would think there are real opportunities to improve the team in the special teams area. The first being, having a weapon as a punter and the other being following another Broyles adage of fielding a punts and not letting the ball hit the ground.

It often seems that the focus is always on coming up with something new. To me some of these old ideas might have value.

2 Likes

The Wake Forrest QB has entered the portal and is highest rated QB coming back. ND is listed as likely landing spot but prior to that and perhaps still in running was Tenn. I think Tenn with him would be a big get for Vols with receivers they have.