SIAP...Veteran NFL Official comments of Auburn "fumble"

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this was the SEC and not the NFL or CFL for that matter the CFL would have called it the same way.
What’s worse is that the official blew his whistle and therefore the play was considered dead not reviewable. However, this horrible crew went to review because they knew they had called it wrong and then came back and called it not a fumble, but a grounding penalty.
Just a bad look all around by the SEC and even worse is how they are attempting to cover the mistake up.

2 Likes

Completely agree. If there was a better conference I would say jump but unfortunately there isn’t in fact most are worse!

1 Like

I’ve yet to see ONE tweet, video clip or link to any reputable sports “authority” that says anything but that we got a hose job. NOT ONE coming out in support of the zebra/SEC position. Not ONE!

1 Like

Not true. The sec officials blew a whistle in the South Carolina-mizzou game, but overturned it on replay.

There is simply no honest way to defend that screw job.

GHG

1 Like

What are trying to say, I was highlighting the fact that the entire situation was handled and then determined wrongly by both the officials on the field and then to make matters worse those at the SEC reviewing the play.
We got screwed!

1 Like

And another high profile official weighs in on the “non-fumble”…

lol, “What am I trying to say” is a good question. re-reading this thread, I must have mis-read something when I first posted, sorry for the confusion.

note to self-drink coffee before commenting on message boards sunday am.

GHG

I pulled up the NCAA rules and inadvertent whistle seems to fall under reviewable situations.

1. The play should have been reviewed.
  2. Under the rules the ball would have been awarded to Arkansas.
  3. Arkansas would have run the clock out and won the game
  4. The outcome of that game is a fraud.
  5. The perpetrators of that fraud are the SEC.
    Going forward the national sports media should treat their voting in polls ranking the teams as if Arkansas had won 28-27. That is reality.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.