SF Austin players protest during game

And got a 5-yard penalty for delay of game.

2 Likes

You know I’m not bothered by this

I haven’t watched a Pro Game in two+ years once they started during the national anthem

I put too many people under that flag to send them home to their family for them to disrespect it

I’ll do the same to the Razorbacks too if they disrespect the flag

But thus doesn’t bother me - they want to make a statement ok

But that just me

7 Likes

I’m with ya bluegrass. It’s not acceptable to kneel to pray (except in church or at home), but it’s cool to kneel to show disrespect to our flag. Craziness.

Sorry, but I love America and appreciate the opportunity to live here. Athletics is something I can do without.

5 Likes

Again, thanks for your service and putting it in perspective that many never see or appreciate.

3 Likes

Wow. And still, y’all just don’t get it.

2 Likes

I’m OK with that too. It did not reflect on our anthem or our flag. They accepted a 5-yard penalty which makes their show of solidarity mean a little more.

A one-time, few seconds peaceful protest that didn’t involve our Flag or Anthem and reflect on our military. It didn’t even affect the flow of the game. A well thought out, short peaceful protest that still got their point across. Fine with me.

Nice post Bluegrass, and I concur.

3 Likes

I support protesting. Just make sure you protest in a way I deem acceptable.

3 Likes

In the late 60’s I participated in several peaceful protests of the Vietnam War. So I get the passion.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with getting in good trouble I support the NFL ,NBA ,college and all those players with a platform to peacefully protest to keep this issue in the forefront

3 Likes

When is someone going to protest the killing of over 100 of our law enforcement officers over the last two years? Do their lives matter? A whole lot of virtue signalling and useful idiocy going on IMHO.

4 Likes

And, again. Y’all don’t get it. This is NOT about the flag or the anthem. This is about humanity, respect, the Golden Rule and Micah 6:8.

3 Likes

Your flag…haha

My black people have witnessed far more confederate flags on the back of pickup trucks than the American Flag in the south growing up. It suddenly became fashionable around 2011 when these brand new Patriots would disrespect it at Tea Party rallies wearing my beloved Ole Glory as head scarfs, Tee-shirts & Jeans.

You guys only claim disrespect when it fits a narrative.

SEMPER FIDELIS`

5 Likes