Seems evident from the Tenn. v. Alabama

game that even Tennessee has far superior talent on defense or a much better scheme than Hogs.

for us to move on. We are just so far behind every SEC program it seems

[quote=“Bayouhog”]
game that even Tennessee has far superior talent on defense or a much better scheme than Hogs.
[/quote]While I agree with you regarding talent/speed on defense, Bama looks pretty uninspired so far, especially offensively.

People can defend it all they want, but I think it’s evident our strength and conditioning is very poor. We simply do not look like SEC teams. There are players that look fat and out of shape with no arm definition, then some guys are just too small and slow. We have a few that look like an SEC player should, but an overwhelming amount that don’t, but could.

so the score is about the same as our game.
Even with the better recruiting classes they have

You simply cannot admit it is not just the coach,

And this just doesn’t make sense with the fitness program we have in the weight room. From all accounts, the players have improved strength and nutrition during CBB’s time. Endurance might be a problem given the second half problems we have had, but not strength. A good friend’s son was an athlete at Alabama. We visited the son in his apartment a few years ago when the Hogs played there (2013). His entire dining table was filled with huge plastic jars of muscle building powders. He had two blenders to keep up with it. That is almost all he ate. And, he was a swimmer!! He said his diet was light compared to the football players.

A few years ago I made a similar comment about the basketball team. The bball team seems to be catching up.

I’ve wondered if our strength and conditioning guy may not be as good as many claim. I’ve noticed our guys look like they’re playing big boy football, and other teams seem to be playing grown man football.

Butch is terrible? Similar to Bielema, but that’s not what I was talking about.

Yes they have superior recruiting classes, but I added that even with our players they do not look like SEC players. There are some superior recruits on our team as well, sure not as many but that wasn’t my point.

I’m questioning, as many have, and should, if our S&C is worth a crap. Even under previous coaches our players looked better physically. This team looks physically much smaller and less SEC than other SEC school.

A few years ago I made a similar comment about the basketball team. The bball team seems to be catching up.

I’ve wondered if our strength and conditioning guy may not be as good as many claim. I’ve noticed our guys look like they’re playing big boy football, and other teams seem to be playing grown man football.[/quote

Yeah, he may have been a decent Big Ten S$C coach, but he like Bret is behind the curve in the SEC. I remember the Before and after pics he showed at first and while you could see some change, it was clearly not near enough and any bonehead can work a camera.

Look at the stature of Alabama’s DLinemen, then look at someone like T.J. Smith and Marshall. I think they’ve gone a little overboard with their weight. It looks like it would be hard to run around with all of that extra weight in the mid section.

It looks about the same to me. I think we played a bit better overall.

Yeahp. Exactly.

Not just Alabama, tune into SEC network and look at MS state, a similar talent level, their DL look like grown men.

Tennessee has 79 total yards. Comparing our game to the game Tennessee is playing Bama is inconsequential, but if want to do that, I’d say the hogs played Bama better.

Then they get a pick 6

It is exactly coach! It is all 100% the HC. Whether it’s poor game planning, not enough talent, in game adjustments, it all falls on the HC. If we don’t have enough talent to compete with the rest of the conference, it’s on the HC. Winning and losing falls directly on the HC. If he were 7-0 right now everyone would be saying what a great coach he is and he would rightfully reap the praise and all the benefits that come with winning. When the team is losing, he deserves all the criticism that comes with that. He makes over 4 million a year to win football games.

Here’s what is evident:

Tennessee would have been shut out if not for a pick-6. Held to 108 total yards. Bama gained 100+ more yards on this “superior” Vol defense than they did on ours, even with the Hawaiian kid playing most of the second half at QB (news flash: He’s good too). We doubled Tennessee’s offensive output, got into the red zone three times and got into the end zone on offense. Bottom line: We gave Bama a better game than EOE-K did. Does that mean we’re better than the Viles? Probably not, but we’re not much different.

I recognize, however, that the fire-him-now crowd is incapable of recognizing or admitting anything positive as long as Bielema still occupies the HC office.

Hate to break it to the ‘anti-B’ crowd, Petrino ain’t coming back and
Mulzahn will never be our coach.

A 41-9 loss and your griping about nothing positive said? We gave them a better game than a guy who will be fired tomorrow, whew!!! That’s great. Sad that is what our program has come to, clinging to who gave what team the best run.

Almost a year since a P5 win?

You don’t have to want the coach fired, that’s fine. But you have to understand there’s not much to be positive about with Brets program he’s built so uncommonly. Sure can’t criticize fans who just want to see their team do well. Some think that requires a new coach, and some don’t. we all want the hogs to win.

Look back to the last meeting between the Hogs and Vols but we beat them!

It is pathetic that people actually find satisfaction out of how good we lose. I am convinced that some people here are absolutely fine with losing. They may say they want to win and they probably do, but it’s painfully obvious they are content with losing. There will always be a reason to stick with the coach becuase they will always find theIr vicotiries in defeat. This just reinforces how badly we need a change. This program is so bad that fans are arguing over which team played better against a team that blew the doors off both of them. PATHETIC!!!