SEC West OLs?

Clearly, our DL is much improved and has more depth than in recent years, which is great, however, we don’t compete against past DLs.

What’s being said about other SEC West (also Florida and Missouri) OLs? Who’s rebuilding? Who’s got a load of starters returning? Against which teams will our DL have the best opportunity to really control the LOS?

Okay… I tried to start answering my own question(s). Here’s a little info I dug up. It helps me to see where an improved DL might have a significant advantage in league play.

Bama – 3 returning starters “Alabama’s line could potentially be even better that it was in 2015”

Auburn – 3 returning starters
“[Xavier Dampeer will] be flanked by two of the SEC’s best guards in Braden Smith and Alex Kozan”

Gators – 3 returning starters
“While Florida has better numbers than a year ago on the offensive line, there remain significant concerns. Containing edge pass-rushers was problematic in the spring, and Florida’s tackles must improve in that regard.”

LSWho – 3 returning starters
“The biggest question is, who will start on a line that lost its two tackles? Back to start again are sophomore guards Maea Teuhema and Will Clapp. Senior center Ethan Pocic is a third-year starter… Most of the linemen already have played multiple positions and can move around if need be.”

Rebels – 1 returning starter
“The five offensive linemen starters from the Sugar Bowl are all gone.”

Bulldogs – 3 returning starters
“The parts surrounding the quarterback are also a work in progress. The offensive line lost two starters, including one at left tackle.”

Mizzou – 1 returning starter
“The Tigers lost five seniors from last year’s line, then had four projected returners leave the team for various reasons in the offseason, leaving new O-line coach Glen Elarbee with eight scholarship linemen to rotate during spring practices.”

TAM – 2 returning starters
“There’s no question the offensive line, a strength early in Sumlin’s A&M tenure, is an issue, after losing three starters on a unit that didn’t play very well last year to begin with.”

(All quotes from Lindy’s Sports Southeastern 2016 Preview)

It sounds like, except for Bama and Auburn, our DL might have an opportunity to really control the game, especially on the edges.