SEC shorts, bring you daughter to work

2 Likes

So funny. But based on truth.

2 Likes

While funny, its so sad that it hits on so much truth. SEC ref are by far the worst conference refs out there. I watch a lot of football in many conferences and most times when something really egregious happens its with an SEC crew.

3 Likes

It really is surprising to have so many teams complain of the calls with all the $ riding on the games. This aspect of SEC needs to take it game up several notches.

1 Like

The deal with Penn State losing a down was truly amazing. Where was the replay booth folks. They should have stepped in for sure even though it was not a replay.

1 Like

Penn St., welcome to our world…

2 Likes

James Franklin coached at Vandy for three years (and somehow managed to win nine games twice, which may be the best coaching job ever). He’s all too familiar with our world.

1 Like

Wow, so good and for comedy to be really good, there needs to be an element of truth in it. Certainly, there is plenty of truth in this one.

How did Mark come up with such a talented daughter. She was really good.

I wonder what MSU thinks about the part about helping SEC schools against nonconference teams? I guess it is only “certain” SEC teams that get that treatment.

1 Like

As always I revert to Occam’s Razor; the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. SEC refs aren’t biased. They’re just completely incompetent at all levels. And the officiating “system” lets them get away with their incompetence.

6 Likes

its funny but too bad they don’t do this for EVERY game where there’s a big screw up…like our game last year against Auburn or the Florida game from all those years ago

2 Likes

The problem is that good young refs often get identified early by/would rather officiate for the NFL. Too often those guys and gals end up working pro games at the point when they would have enough seasoning to make really good SEC refs.

What’s left tends to be a lot more uneven, to be kind. Just firing a bad ref feels great for the fans, but replacing them with someone who is ready to officiate in the SEC is not easy.

1 Like

In that case, the SEC needs to identify those promising candidates and arrange big, fat NIL deals for them … make the SEC, not the NFL, the dream referee destination! :grin:

Then again, the SEC seems to be not so interested in competent officiating. :pensive:

2 Likes

The brilliance of sarcastic Humor is the truth that dwells in it

2 Likes

Those are always incredibly creative and funny. The closer to the truth, the funnier they are.

I would go with Hanlon’s razor in this case:

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

1 Like

Also definitely applies.

Hats off to Renasant Bank for having the guts to sponsor the SEC Shorts episodes. In our society today comedy and humor are on life support. Comedians are seeking new careers. So many woke folks seem to get offended by everything.

And, here’s a bank located in northern MS and western TN who is having fun with the SEC, its officials, and every team in the conference. They’re taking a significant business risk of offending the sensitive, humorless sports fans in the region. I believe they get away with it because the SEC Shorts episodes are well written and produced, and they’re just funny.

Does ESPN produce the shows or someone else?

1 Like

SEC Shorts is two guys in Birmingham. They got their start submitting a video to Finebaum’s show but they’re independent.

Woke has nothing to do with comedy. Making fun of someone because they’re black or gay or whatever is not funny anyway. Making fun of them because they’re a pretentious Bama fan, though, is extremely funny.

I know you’re right … but I still found this funny

1 Like

Woke/PC culture has been a huge negative hit to most facets of our lives. Stand-up comedy has been gutted.
You are no more a judge of what is funny and what isn’t than you are an unbiased commentator. Your opinion is no more than an opinion, you have great difficulty in realizing that.
You are a face in the crowd. A dot like grain of sand along the beaches of Florida. You contribute much value to this board but your PRONOUNCEMENTS are merely your opinion.

1 Like