SEC has clinched a tie for the Challenge

Florida’s win makes it 5-2 SEC. But the last three games are all in Orphan Eight gyms. However, Kentucky looks very good so far against Show Cause Self and Moo U is hanging with Tech at Lubbock. The battle of the EOEs starts later in Austin.

Wish we could have had A&M in the Challenge this year instead of Misery, which pretty much laid an egg at Ames (how did they beat Bama?).

Missouri is a strange team. They almost beat Auburn this week. A&M would have been a good team to represent the conference, but the other 3 that are not in it probably helped the SEC. Georgia, S Carolina, and Vandy were addition by subtraction

Meanwhile Kentucky is beating Show Cause Self like a rented mule. KU has already burned two timeouts, down by 15.

TCU 77, No. 19 LSU 68
No. 1 Auburn 86, Oklahoma 68
No. 23 Iowa State 67, Missouri 50
Arkansas 77, West Virginia 68
Alabama 87, No. 4 Baylor 78
Ole Miss 67, Kansas State 56
Florida 81, Oklahoma State 72
No. 12 Kentucky at No. 5 Kansas | 6 p.m. | ESPN
Mississippi State at No. 13 Texas Tech | 6 p.m. | ESPN2
No. 18 Tennessee at Texas | 8 p.m. | ESPN

1 Like

Kansas down 21 with less than 6 minutes left. I feel pretty safe in predicting that the SEC will win the Challenge.

1 Like

Yep SEC about to clinch it…

Imagine if WVU still had Tshiebwe. JWill might not have gotten 15 boards today.

Man, Kentucky absolutely dominated #5 Kansas!!

Albama got lucky with AJ Cryer not playing Baylor. Don’t think Tide beats Baylor if Cryer played.

It’s weird Bama now has wins over Gonzaga, Houston, and Baylor and I still don’t trust Oates to make a deep run in ncaa tournament with his team.

1 Like

Agreed (and Sam is recruiting Cryer’s brother, as a LB I think). But you play with what you have. It’s still a good win. And Gonzaga IIRC had everybody when Bama beat them.

How do you lose to Georgia and beat Baylor in one week?

1 Like

The same way Missou beat Bama, playing at home.

I don’t know. But it’s why I don’t trust Oates. His team looks vulnerable to an early ncaa tourney upset, even with 3 wins over top 10 teams. LSU and Bama look like 2 teams that could be ripe for early ncaa tourney exits.

1 Like

They are Mr Jeckl- Mr Hyde just depends on which one you see… they have a lot of speed and athleticism on that team. We will have our hands full at their place

1 Like

No and why did he transfer to Kentucky was he not good for them… no way you can improve that much!!

1 Like

A team that beat Gonzaga on a neutral court shouldn’t lose to a terrible Georgia team anywhere.

1 Like

In a season and a third at WVU he averaged 10.6 points and 8.9 boards. Good numbers, but nothing compared to what he’s doing now.

Yeah obviously come to Kentucky because he wants a chance at the championship… I don’t blame him

Remember, he transferred at semester last year, not at the end of the season, With Kentucky in the middle of a horrible season. I wondered if he got sideways with Huggins.

1 Like

no I really have never heard of him until this yr so I had no idea when he transferred but yeah I bet he had some issues with ole Bobby.

1 Like

I had heard about him in his freshman year at WV, when they went 21-10, were ranked in the final regular season poll and would have made the Dance if there had been one. In their last game before the pandemic he went for 16 and 12 in an upset of #4 Baylor.

1 Like