Season ticket holders

Who’s a season ticket holder and how long have you been one?

Who was a season ticket holder, but gave them up? How long did you have season tickets?

My father was the original season ticket holder, but I shared the account while he was alive. The account is 35 years old. Before then, we bought tickets as needed.

I’m a no account. :frowning:

I moved to NWA in 2002 and was a season ticket holder with a group of friends from 2003 to about 2009. (I had season tickets just in Little Rock starting in 1992, our first year in the SEC.) We gave up the tickets because most of my friends were starting to have young children, so time demands made it difficult for them.

I thought I would miss going to the games, but I honestly don’t. I still go to a game every now and then, but the experience at home now is honestly better with high def TV, no lines at the restroom, etc. When I go to games now, the music is so loud that I can’t even have a conversation with the person right next to me. That is honestly the biggest thing that turns me off about going to games today. (Yes, I’m getting old(er).)

I go to lots of baseball games each year and some basketball games. I still want to pick and choose some football games to go to, but I honestly don’t miss the crowds, hot weather, rain, not being able to get a decent cell phone signal while in the stadium, etc.

That’s probably more than you wanted, but that’s where I am.

Was a season ticket holder in 2001 when the south end zone was just finished until 2014. I gave up my tickets for several reasons but I simply got tired of fighting the crowds, the parking, the over priced food and drinks, waiting in line to use the head and, quite frankly, the mediocre product that Razorback football had become. I can sit in my man cave, eat reasonably priced (and better) food, use my own “john” and watch the game on my 78 inch HDTV. Furthermore, I don’t feel nearly as “cheated” when we get beat by a San Jose State or the Citadel or a Toledo.

While I love the Hogs and will always root for them, I simply do not have the desire to get too wrapped up in it anymore. I don’t see things getting better - especially since they passed on Gus Malzahn several years ago. The administration seems to have lost touch with their fan/customer base and what successful athletic programs mean to the people of Arkansas. Right or wrong, the people of Arkansas are much maligned and the target of cruel and stereotypical jokes and our athletic teams (especially football and basketball) have been a rare source of pride in light of all the insults; but not anymore. Jeff Long spent money like it was going out of style and did little if any vetting of his coaching hires. Once hired, he really did not supervise them either. He was awol when it came to Bobby Petrino’s peccadillos. It’s too early to tell with Hunter Yuracek but time will tell as to whether he can improve things significantly. His first test comes with Eric Mussellman.

We have had tickets since Eddie Sutton’s 2nd year