Score Prediction thread: NMSU at Arkansas

42-10, Hogs. Working out some frustrations.

This looks like a high scoring affair to me. Not impressed with their defense or our defense. Therefore, I think both offenses have lots of success.
ARKANSAS 48 NEW MEXICO ST. 31

Hogs 54
NMSU 14

Arkansas 42, NMST 38

Hogs 34-27

Going to go a bit closer than I did in the mag, which I think was 48-17. Give me 48-24.

NMSU makes a game of it. We pull away late 38-24…

42 to 31 hogs

I figure Arkansas will be able to run well against this team and neutralize the blitz with some screens and draws. My guess is something like 38-21.

49-21 Hogs.

Don’t sleep on these guys. We pull away late.

Hogs 35
NMSU 24

AR…42
NMSU …24

NMSU Will be able to move the ball and score as we still have no defense other than air especially up front. I think we can outscore them. We did score against A&M even without an Oline (amazing really). Still, I don’t see us being comfortable.

AR 51
NMS 42

Ark 32
NMS 21

First Win in September…

I was thinking the same thing, too bad it is 9/30 but look forward to enjoying the win after 30 days :smiley:

[quote=“MattJones”]
I figure Arkansas will be able to run well against this team and neutralize the blitz with some screens and draws. My guess is something like 38-21.
[/quote]Since that is the point spread, that seems reasonable. I don’t know what the score will be, but I expect Arkansas will win. I would be less sure if they had not just lost to TA&M because then they might be over confident and take NMSU too lightly. However, Arkansas losing to TA&M will be a nightmare to NMSU because, unlike they sometimes do when heavily favored, Arkansas will be out to make a statement and will practice and play hard.

Posting before looking at what others have predicted (will do that as soon as I submit this post) . . .

Arkansas 44

NM State 27

Offense continues to find it’s time-possessing, long driving groove . . . defense holds off a pretty good NM State offense . . .

The players said this week that they were angry after the A&M game, so it would be reasonable to expect them to take out their frustrations on NMSU. However, these Aggies are talented and are trying to turn their program around. It won’t necessarily be easy, but I agree with some of the other posters who think it will be close until late. I say the Hogs finish in the fourth quarter–
Hogs 45
Ags 28

31 - 10, Its time for the D to show up big ! WPS

Hogs 35
NMS 24