Score Prediction thread, Is this a rivalry game? edition: Arkansas at Missouri

For me, living 20 minutes from the Missouri line, it’s a rivalry. I know some fans pooh-pooh that idea, but it is a rivalry game, at least for me. I dislike Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU and, of course, Texas, more than Missouri, but beating them in any sport gives me a pretty good feeling. The silly trophy doesn’t make it rivalry; the hard feelings and joy in winning does it. Plus, they’ve beaten us in football several times when we were the better team. Time to prove who’s boss.

Arkansas 27, Missouri 13.

3 Likes

I don’t the feel the same way about them as I do LSU or Ole Miss but their coach is pretty easy to want to hang 60 points on and having two coaches on our staff from Mizzou helps make it a bigger game. Plus, it always seems we have a recruit or two we’re pulling out of Misery. Historically, we’ve not played great in their joke of a stadium. The way we played Saturday against Ole Miss gives me a lot of hope though.

Hogs 38 - Tigers 21

2 Likes

This game will be tougher than the Ole Miss game.

Missouri wants to get to a bowl game and we have NEVER won in Columbia…

We still win, but it will not look that way for 3 quarters.

Hogs 38 - 31

If this is a rivalry, almost every game is a rivalry.

I get we border Missouri.

To this fan it’s just embarrassing when we lose to them. They are not a program we aspire to be and I don’t like feeling on par with them although that may be our place.

I’m likely in minority

3 Likes

Perspective… Are we their Texas?

Hogs 30-20

2 Likes

We get our first win in Columbia.
Hogs - 38
Tgrr’s - 21

1 Like

It’s a very reluctant rivalry. i don’t really care about Mizzou, but those SOBs have put the “black” in too many of our Black Fridays in my opinion. We should own them!

3 Likes

If hatred defines a rivalry, it’s sure becoming one with me. We owe them. We need to win about 10 in a row over them. We’ve lost 3 or 4 we should not have lost.

3 Likes

Hardly. To be their Texas we would have had to have had an advantage in wins, and laid a particularly painful win on them. Are you 16 years old, or what?

One word says all a Hog fan needs to know - Dorkwitz

Living in northern Missouri makes it a rivalry for me, Hogs 28 - Tigers 20. WPS

Hogs 45
Missouri 17
Sanders runs for another 200!
Landers and Haselwood top 100 yards receiving each and KJ runs for over 50.
Hogs defense gets 5 sacks and 2 interceptions!

2 Likes

Hogs 45
Misery 7

Blair gets a pick 6…

2 Likes

I detest Missouri.

Missouri 24
Hogs 21

1 Like

Hawgs 31-14

Take Mizzou and the points….

Ark 26
Mo 25

I think it maybe a rivalry game with Norhwest Arkansas, but it is not with the rest of our state.

Arkansas 38
Missouri 24

1 Like

Hogs 45
tiggers 35

Not a rivalry. Not now. Maybe never. It’s manufactured and I refuse to buy in.

1 Like