Score prediction thread: Hogs v. Aggies

I have a good feeling about this. This is the year. We’re due.
Hogs 28, Aggies 24. Defense steps up. Late interception seals it.

As much as I think our guys want to win, AA has made some very bad passes the last two games. Luckily, TCUand T St aren’t known for their D’s. aTm wins off a pick 6. aTm 28 AR 24

Hogs 23-21

Hogs 35-24, and it won’t be as close as the score indicates. The Aggies score an end of game TD.

Lower scoring game than most think.

Hogs - 27
Aggies - 23

Hogs win in OT 34-30.

I don’t know about this game. I don’t have a feel for it, but I am sick of losing to that maroon clad cult. Hopefully, Dan Skipper has eliminated the leg whip from his repertoire.

Arkansas 31
A+M 28

Hogs score last in a 28-24 squeaker.

27-24 Hog’s in regulation.

This game goes to the team that wants it most… Hogs 31 - really weird cheerleaders 28.

[quote=“dbhog”]
Hogs win in OT 34-30.
[/quote]You got me thinking on that one; I’m on pause right now.

42-28 Hogs come out extremely focused and get revenge

Been thinking about this one for a year now. We jump out early and control the clock. The D responds and we win 31-27. It really ticked me off when Knight transferred or this wouldn’t be close. Woo Pig

not to quibble, but it would actually be almost impossible to win by a score of 34-30 in OT.
The only way it could happen would be if regulation score (or previous OT) was 27-27. Then Arkansas scores TD and extra point to get a score of 34. But in that case AM would of course not kick a filed goal to get a score of 30.

If AM had first possession and kicked a FG to get to 30, then Hogs scored a TD they would win with a score of 33-30, and there would be no extra point.

But it is not completely impossible…The only way you get a score of 34-30 would be if the score was tied 28-28, then Hogs score a TD to make it 34-28, but get the extra point blocked, and returned for a two points, making the score 34-30. Then the Aggies failed to score in their possession.

If that’s what happens, you are truly psychic!

All depends on our oline. If they can control the line, AR wins. If Allen is getting hit every other play, expect some bad passes, turnovers, and a lose to the good guys. I’ll be there rooting them on and believe we pull it out 35-31 in a close one. Would give anything for a blow out so it can be a statement win. And so my blood pressure won’t be sky high.

Arkansas 28-24

I’ll admit I don’t have a good feel for how this game will play out.

On offense, I want to see if they can run the ball as well as they have the past two years in this game. Does Whaley step up more? Can Austin avoid mistakes when he’s under duress? How much do they chip and/or double the DEs and how does that affect the pass game? I’d expect quite a bit of PA and moving the pocket.

On defense, I’m curious to see if Toliver matches up better with Kirk that he did a year ago. Kirk definitely bested him in that matchup. How well can Brooks Ellis hold up? He knows they’re targeting him. Can Arkansas’ DL continue to be dominant and force some Trevor Knight mistakes? He struggles against pressure. Can the safeties limit busts?

Should be a heck of a game. I’m definitely a night owl — 8 p.m. is like 5 in the afternoon to me — but even I’m dreading this kickoff. Hopefully the game makes up for it.

Okay, I’ll play (although I’m not at all happy about what I must honestly say!!!)
To be honest, this game has me so scared that before the end of the week I may (with apologies to the ladies for saying so) have to start wearing Depends. A&M appears to be legitimate (very good) this year, and as much as I would like to believe that we are better, our first two games do not convince me (don’t know what to make of the third one). In our past couple of seasons, we have improved greatly as the season played on, and hopefully this trend will continue. Nevertheless, I hope that I am very wrong, but I will submit the final score of A&M 30 - Hogs 17. (Still looking for 9-3 at the end of the season, and I’m going in to wash my mouth out with soap for what I submitted above.)

[quote=“BatonRougeHog”]
Okay, I’ll play (although I’m not at all happy about what I must honestly say!!!)
To be honest, this game has me so scared that before the end of the week I may (with apologies to the ladies for saying so) have to start wearing Depends. A&M appears to be legitimate (very good) this year, and as much as I would like to believe that we are better, our first two games do not convince me (don’t know what to make of the third one). In our past couple of seasons, we have improved greatly as the season played on, and hopefully this trend will continue. Nevertheless, I hope that I am very wrong, but I will submit the final score of A&M 30 - Hogs 17. (Still looking for 9-3 at the end of the season, and I’m going in to wash my mouth out with soap for what I submitted above.)
[/quote]Why ? would be my first question. Do you think Auburn is better than TCU ? When I think like that, and still trying to get a grip on it myself, we have a better win than A&M has that I can tell. Auburn’s offense is a mess ---- unlike TCU — they can rack up yards and not do anything in the red zone due to the QB carousel that Gus has dictated. Going with AR 31- A&M 23.

I don’t know what my head thinks, but my heart says the hogs win. I’ll go with 35-28.

Remember I was the clairvoyant voice of reality when the virtual unanimous fan-pick was TCU. I got so sick of reading how we were going to get lit up by the Frogs.

I hope you made note that I picked the Hogs there.

I don’t think the Hogs will win this one. Very frustrating because a game the Hogs historically could never lose has turned into the new Texas – and the Hogs find a way to lose to the Aggies every year.

Their D line beats down our O line and forces Austin into some bad mistakes.

Our defense is tough.

Low scoring defensive struggle. Aggies win 20-7 or 14-10, something like that.

Then Hogs fall out of the rankings and everyone on the board goes doom and gloom.

But I said it last year – say it again this year – the Hogs later in the season – starting in October are going to really impress. The Hogs will go 1-1 in the Bama Ole Miss weeks at home – and might just win them both.

But first, the Aggies are just really tough this year, and the timing is not good for Arkansas.

Remember there are 12 games, 3-0 so far… This is just one game.