Scholarships available

When Courtre Alexander left the team, this left the Spring roster of the Razorbacks with 62 players on scholarship. This includes the 10 midterm enrollees of the 2019 recruiting class.

There are 17 student-athletes who have either signed a LOI or FAA (financial aid agreement) who will enroll over the Summer months. This bring the number of scholarship Counters to 79 for the 2019-20 academic year.

By NCAA rule, (15.5.6.3.4) Arkansas MUST be at their full allotment of 85 scholarships, at the beginning of the 2019-20 academic year, in order to bring in midterm enrollees in Jan 2020.

CCM has made it clear, there are two scholarships still available in the 2019 recruiting class. CCM has said he would like to fill those spots with a LB and a DB. When Arkansas fills the two remaining spots in the 2019 class, this would bring the total number of Counters to 81.

There MUST be a NCAA rule change (15.5.6.3.4)in order to bring anyone in on scholarship, not in the 2019 recruiting class, for the 2019-20 academic year. To do otherwise would be a major violation of NCAA rules.

Smith is counting in the 2020 class, and the kicker isn’t on scholarship.

I think this will help you understand.

All incoming transfers from transfer portal are treated as Initial Counters at present time. (15.5.6.3.1)

In order for Trelon Smith to be counted Against the 2020 recruiting class, he would have go one of two routes.

1, He would have to walk-on until January 2020, then be place on a scholarship.

2, He would have to wait until until January 2020, then enroll and be place on scholarship.

I asked Coach Morris and he said there were two available for 2019.

I followed up with someone else.

Neither the TB or the klcker are likely to be on scholarship this season.

Blue-shirting is a possibility for at least one of them.

I think you mean Trelon Smith. He would have be a nonrecruited player. Here is NCAA rule 15.5.6.3.3

A student-athlete not recruited by the institution who receives institutional financial aid after beginning football practice during the first year of enrollment becomes a counter but need not be counted as an initial counter until the next academic year if the institution has reached its initial limit for the year in question. However, the student athlete shall be considered in the total counter limit for the academic year in which the aid was first received.

Yes, he is the one of which I am speaking.