Schedule decision not made yet

According to The Athletic, which also reports that Arkansas is one of the schools that wants to stay at 8 SEC games.

I would say it is actually made - but some negotiating is being done on how it works. The TV people, the AD’s and Presidents are who matters and not the coaches here. Posturing is going on.

I think the league is correctly moving to where you visit every campus during a player’s career.

I think for our season ticket base (and thus budget) - it is important to have one of Texas, Texas A&M, OU, or LSU on the home schedule every year.

JFB wanted either Tennessee or LSU on the home schedule every year. He was right then, and it would be slightly different but the same premise now.

1 Like

The presidents might vote on Friday. Not sure a model will be presented for a vote, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was. Here is where the $$$ decisions are made.

It would not surprise me if Sankey and the suits in Bristol are laying out the numbers on what that extra league game will be worth.

Which is likely to happen. Remember, under the 3-6, the 12 teams who we don’t play every year would rotate, 6 on, 6 off. With respect to those four, here’s what could well happen even if none of them are on our PR list (and I believe at least one of them would be).

2025 – OU, at Texas A&M
2026 – Texas, at LSU
2027 – A&M, at OU
2028 – LSU, at Texas

So you get what you want, at least one of those in RRS every year, and none of them is our permanent rival. Also don’t forget that at some point in those four years, every other team in the conference would be in RRS. Bama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, OM, Moo U, all the way down to Vandy.

It would not surprise me if Sankey and the suits in Bristol are laying out the numbers on what that extra league game will be worth.

No matter what the Athletic might say, that info was provided to the corner offices before the Destin meetings.

Probably so, but they might also be giving a little extra nudge this week

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.