Schedule conflict on Friday

Hogs play Misery at RRS at 2:30. Fayetteville High plays Conway in the playoffs at Harmon Field at 7:30. That’s going to make for some interesting traffic flow. FHS bumped the game back from 7 to 7:30 but it’s still gonna be a mess.

I’d just leave the Hog game and walk over to see Fayetteville play. But it’s a mess anyway you look at it.

I’ll be walking from one stadium to the other.

If the Razorbacks’ game ends in three hours, the traffic will be cleared out for the people who are going to Harmon. If it’s a four-hour game, it will be troublesome for the people trying to get to Harmon on time.

2 Likes

Most years, this wouldn’t be an issue. The Arkansas Black Friday game has always kicked off at 1:30 p.m., but it was moved back to 2:30 this year because CBS is going to show a doubleheader, with the first game beginning at 11 a.m.

I think you can count on at least 3.5 hours. Our other CBS games: A&M 3:31, Auburn 3:12, Bama 3:27.

Yeah I was thinking the Black Friday kickoff was usually 1:30. Didn’t realize CBS was doing a DH. (Just looked it up: Boise State at San Diego State. 9 a.m. kickoff in Cali. Tailgating at that one will be scrambled eggs and Bloody Marys.)

It will be a mess. After the Moo U game, it took about an hour and a half to get to and out of lot 56. It didn’t help that those directing traffic deserted their posts before the lot was anywhere near empty. And of course MLK was really just a parking lot.

1 Like

That is one thing HY needs to look at before next year.

Yeah you would think crowds will be even bigger next year. Of course the playoff game being at FHS this week is just a quirk of the weird AAA playoff schedule, where the top team on the bracket is the home team regardless of record. And it wouldn’t matter if the Hogs weren’t playing on Friday.

Of course FHS and the AAA could have moved the playoff game to Saturday because of the conflict. All Texas playoff games are on Saturday anyway, and it would make it relatively simple for the Conway fans instead of having to potentially leave work early to drive up I-40 (some of us do have to work on Black Friday). That would make sense, though, so of course it didn’t happen.

1 Like

BTW, I did call the U of A police department about the situation. They are the ones responsible for directing traffic. I explained that there had never been a game (since I moved to Fayetteville in the fall of 2010) that had no one directing traffic from lot 56 onto Stadium Drive.

Might need to move it to Sat in the future. That is if the Hogs play at 2:30.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.