Saw SDHog and RedPorkHustle at tonight's game...

AZHawg was MIA. :roll:

As expected, Piggie fans outnumbered kitty fans by at least 3 to 1!

Hogs pitching and defense were “mid-season” stellar.

A couple of more feet on Gates’ shot to right in the 9th would have made it a 5-0 “blowout.”

Good to see you there. Good game, but I would have preferred a more relaxing win :sunglasses: .
I’m glad I brought my cold weather gear too.

It’s always fun to see Hog fans outnumber and out yell another team on a far away neutral site. Hope the bats get going a Friday.

Good times… always fun to be with other fans calling the Hogs!

Yeah, I think AZHawg now resides on the lake in Rogers. He’ll probably poke his head into the forum sometime this weekend and see this. I know he goes back and forth, but he somehow convinced Sylvia that Beaver Lake is close enough to heaven that you can at least see it from there.

I contemplated making this trip. The weather was exactly what I feared. February in San Diego can be cool. In fact, it can be cool in areas even in months you’d think were too close to summer to be like that. I found out about that one June in San Francisco. California has many climates and they can change rapidly.

Brings back frigid memories in Candlestick Park in early July 92. Almost froze to death watching the 4th of July fireworks after seeing the Cards play the Giants.

One of the coldest experiences I ever had was in San Francisco in July. I was photographing the Golden Gate at night from the Marin County side and had gone out wearing shorts.

Doc, I get it. You drive 30 more miles north in Sonoma and those shorts are perfect.

Several years ago we were in Sonoma and it was near 100 degrees. We drove to San Fransico got out of the car by Fisherman’s Wharf and it was a shock. Since then I’ve spent a lot of time in Northern California and the bay area. I’m always prepared with a warm pullover.

I’m here at the lake at the moment. We spend about half and half time now between SD and Beaver Lake. Best of both worlds.

Most of the winter, after football season is spent in SD. Spring and fall at the lake. Summer, both places.

I stayed in SD longer this winter because our Aussie was very, very sick (brain tumor which led to Cushing’s disease, doggie dementia and lots of other terrible stuff), and we didn’t think she’d make the trip back to Arkansas. Sadly, it turns out we were right about that and we lost her last Friday. Smartest dog either of us have had, hands down, and one of the sweetest. Watching our big, strong girl waste away to skin and bones was heart wrenching. She should be lying here at my feet right now…

Having stayed so late in CA, I was torn about the games in SD, but being a basketball season ticket holder I got back here just in time to attend the 2nd half collapse vs. UK the other night. Our fridge at the lake house conked out about the same time the Hogs did and when I got home after the game I had a mess to attend to. And, got the wonderful news the next day that it was unfixable. It has not been a fun week.

WPS!!!

[quote=“AZHawg”]

I stayed in SD longer this winter because our Aussie was very, very sick (brain tumor which led to Cushing’s disease, doggie dementia and lots of other terrible stuff), and we didn’t think she’d make the trip back to Arkansas. Sadly, it turns out we were right about that and we lost her last Friday. Smartest dog either of us have had, hands down, and one of the sweetest. Watching our big, strong girl waste away to skin and bones was heart wrenching. She should be lying here at my feet right now…

[/quote]Oh Jim (and Sylvia) I am so sorry for your loss. It is tough to go through that as they give us so much. Sending hugs to you both.

Thanks Marty. We appreciate it.

We’ll see you next weekend as we are attending all 3 of the games vs. USC. We will be a house divided next week.

WPS!!!

[quote=“AZHawg”]

Thanks Marty. We appreciate it.

We’ll see you next weekend as we are attending all 3 of the games vs. USC. We will be a house divided next week.

WPS!!!

[/quote]I had a feeling that y’all might just make it for that series! I’ll look forward to it. You know that you are welcome at our tailgate. I’ll bring extra for you if you just let me know.

Just sent you a text. Looking forward to it…

WPS!!!